Bed cover

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Hello everyone, I have a question about removing the bed cover on my 08 V-8 limited. My wife and I tried to remove it and found it was quite heavy. Are there any tips or tricks out there for doing this? Aside from having 4 friends help us. Thanks

LiftStraps & an EngineHoist or a strong limb on a ShadeTree plus a "Come-Along".

ive manhandled that beast off and on the truck alone, you would think they could have thought about versatility and removal in design to cut the weight, its too heavy. i used the tailgate as a "step" to step it lower before picking up and carrying it to wash area. that helps alot!

When I bought my sport Trac new in 2007 I used to lift it on and off with no real problems by myself but now 16 years later and I am 71 years old I can still do it but I don’t like to so usually I get my wife help me! We each grab one side and it’s a little tough for her but we make it happen.

I think the fiberglass topper on mine might be lighter than the factory cover.
They're a brute, but strong as an ox.

Hello everyone, I have a question about removing the bed cover on my 08 V-8 limited. My wife and I tried to remove it and found it was quite heavy. Are there any tips or tricks out there for doing this? Aside from having 4 friends help us. Thanks
My wife helps me! We grab both side together

Latest posts