Bear Medicine

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blksn8k

Reaction score
With all my run-ins with bears on my property last year I decided to build a gun just for PA's firearms bear season. It's a Remington model 760 Gamemaster in .30-06. I changed the walnut stock and forend for factory black synthetic pieces from a model 870 shotgun. I had to use a Lumley adapter to mount the forend. I also had to modify the forend to clear the 760's magazine.

Unfortunately, I didn't see any bears during the four day firearms bear season but I did use this gun to take a doe during the firearms deer season.

[Broken External Image]:

30-06 ought to do it! Nice choice.

We are surrounded by black bears here. We live in the bush in northern Alberta and see bears all spring, summer and fall. When I am on the quad at the back of the land I prefer a carbine due to hooking on things and overall comfort of carry. I have a lot of rifles but the one that sees the most use is the good old Win 94.

cb8b624bf9abbd9e0786cd2c81c0dc2a.jpg

Nice lever gun!

Here's a couple of pics of what a sow and cub did on the hood and drivers door of my truck during the fall turkey season in PA (second week of Nov). I had left my truck parked near the orchard on my property all day while I was hunting. I actually shot a bird that day and when I came out of the woods just before dark the sow and what I assume was her older cub were in the orchard between me and my truck. I yelled at them to scare them off but they only ran a short distance and hung around while I walked to the truck and left. I'm guessing they saw their reflection in the paint and glass and thought there was another bear in my truck. The pics were taken the next morning. They also knocked over a small freezer that was sitting outside the garage door and messed with some other stuff around the house the same day.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Yeah, there's a few swirl marks in the paint but that's about it. Amazingly no dents. :grin:

Latest posts