bcm module

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's what I could find on a quick Google, the bcm is the Body Control Module/Smart Junction Box/GEM, computer.. and 01-05 are pretty much the same, so the oem part number for an 02 bcm is #F87Z14B205JA.

Here is a link to a topic I just found on the other board.

Below are the types of functions typically associated with BCM. I can't verify specifically for ST however.

AC, Alarm, Door/Hood Ajar, Brake Lamp, Brake Fluid Ind, Park/Fog/Dimmer Lights, Keyfob/pad, Seat Controls, Tire Pressure

Last edited by a moderator:
Module Controlled Functions Description and Operation

Generic Electronic Module Gem Removal and Installation

I don't need a link. I work at Ford and in the Core NetCom section. Again, the BCM and GEM are different modules.

In addition to the SJB functions that the GEM has, the BCM operates as the Gateway module and operates on both HS CAN (500kb) and MS CAN (125kb).

GEM - Common Smart Junction Box, SJB, SPDJB (Address 0x01)

BCM - Body Control Module, Common Smart Junction Box, SJB, SPDJB (Address 0x01)

Thank you very much for everyone who posted info and links. Does the GEM or BCM control the intermittent wipers? My wipers will only work on the really fast setting, nothing lower than that. Anybody got one for sale? Thanks so much.