Battery??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 64847

Reaction score
Went to jump into the truck and go this mornin' and nuthin'. No lights etc. I put it on a charge and got the solenoid to make noise but not enough juice to turn over. Took the charger off and once I do that the interior lights are gone too. It's a '08. Anything to look for besides thinkin' the battery's shot? I hadn't had any problems prior to this morning. Thanks. Tim

I would lean towards battery. I know where it is really hot all the time the battery life is short. My in-laws live in Phoenix. A battery lasts about three years there. I think your ST is too new to have a ground problem.

Sometimes battery life can suprise us. I have had them last less than a year. I have had them last over 8yrs.

I personaly have got the best service from AZ Gold series.

Thanks, it's what I was leaning towards. I'm in the Orlando area and it has been a little warm lately. Like the last 8 months, LOL. Headed down now to pick up a battery.

Thanks, it's what I was leaning towards. I'm in the Orlando area and it has been a little warm lately. Like the last 8 months, LOL. Headed down now to pick up a battery.

The battery in my '08 crapped out about a month ago. Then too the alternator took a powder last summer and drained it completely. Dealer replaced the alternator on warranty but wouldn't replace the battery. I got the Auto Zone Gold also.

Latest posts