Battery terminals reversed...HELP!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will, Because I paid like 4 thousand dollars on top of my 12.5K used Sport trac for a certified pre-owned bumper to bumper coverage. This is suppose to fix anything non maintenance related.

Actually, the warranty is supposed to fix anything that failed due to poor workmanship or failed parts. Putting the wrong battery in it is not fault by Ford or the workmanship of that vehicle. It was user incompetance, plain and simple.

If you drove your vehicle into a wall, you really think that bumper to bumper warranty should fix that too?

Tom

"If you drove your vehicle into a wall, you really think that bumper to bumper warranty should fix that too?"

I'd say no to that, but what about his insurance company? Worth a shot...

Thanks I am trying to get my insurance company to pay for it, because I was in a front end collision in Feb. My radio died shortly after that and the insurance paid my warranty deductible.

How about this, Cherokee ford told me 2 months ago when my lumbar switch was stuck that it too has a 100 dollar warranty. The guy told me I am covered until August. I just refinanced 2 months ago and forgone the extended warranty the credit union offered.

No it seems like the warranty ended on the 18 of this month. Jim Tidwell says the 15, Cherokee ford says 18th.

Jim Tidwell is being cool. They said Ford usually gives dealers money from the warranties to help out customers. The guy at Cherokee ford said they only have 2700 for the year, and do to the hard economy, they cannot help me out. I should have told him Ford posted 2-6billion dollar profits for the last few quarters.

I have crashed twice, 12k in repairs which was a lot of profit for Cherokee Ford. I take all my service needs the Cherokee Ford, and I bought the vehicle from them with the warranty.

Jim Tidwell didn't charge me for diagnostics and Cherokee was going to charge me 120 bucks just to figure out what was wrong with it.

So my car is sitting at Tidwell Ford, and that guy got with his director, parts manager, and service manager. I am hoping they will hook me up for free giving me unfortunate circumstances. He did offer however 380 plus tax down from 520 for the alternator installed.

For the alternator itself, its only about 225. I think 10 percent above cost.

So next I am going to have Jim Tidwell fax the diagnostic data over to the Geico Express at Cherokee Ford. Cherokee Ford can go to Hades, they don't know what loyal customers are.

No I did not expect everyone to give me everything for free and with the comment about crashing into the wall, that just a bit ridiculous. I paid 3 grand for an extended warranty I never used under the guise of a 6yr/100,000 mile coverage period. The salesman neglected to say it was 6yrs from the manufacture date, not when I asked him (AND I did ask him specifically...)

Also given that in 24 years I have owned 4 FORD vehicles (ALL FORD IN MY LIFE) and I just bought my wife a new 30K escape fully loaded, I find it quite ridiculous that nobody can eat 150 bucks to replace my alternator. Its only 9 days after warranty!!!

The parts network on this site has one for 213.00 Is the 225-250 from the dealer a good price?

I think we are on the same page. I think it would be great if they covered under warranty or if the dealer helped you out some due to your loyalty. I know if I ran a business that's what I would do.

But if they don't cover it under warranty I don't think they are screwing you.

It sucks that they were not clear about how long the extended warranty lasted.

I find it quite ridiculous that nobody can eat 150 bucks to replace my alternator.

Did the alternator fail because of poor workmanship or because a battery was hooked up wrong?

If the answer is because of the battery, than the only person that should "eat" the $150.00 should be you.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator: