BamaChips Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A1cntrler

Reaction score
First of all thanks to Torrie for the quick responses this morning when I was sending him some emails about my tunes. Being that I'm old now and my mind isn't as sharp as it used to be, I couldn't recall who did my tunes for me back in 2006 or 2007, so he did a search in his customer database to see if I was in there.

I know that I had bought the tunes from a site sponsor at the time, and I think Torrie was just then getting into the tuning business and Doug Stoddard at BamaChips was the tuning guy (After all the Wayne Foy stuff went down of which I was in the front/center of that garbage...). I had to do some forum searches and thread reading to figure out who/where my tunes came from way back then..

Turns out it is BamaChips. I needed to update my tunes (Since where I live now I don't have 93 Octane available anymore) and I know he had said if I needed it changed it was lifetime if I needed it tweeked. So I look for the website, and I see that BamaChips is now a part of American Muscle, but the tuning page for BamaPerformance(Powered by American Muscle.com) still says "Free Tunes for Life" so I figure that's good. Try to contact them, but none of the links on the site go anywhere and they have no contact email address, but there is a Facebook logo so I click there and am taken to the American Performance Facebook Page. I have left a post there asking about Doug and BamaChips, but it has gone unanswered. I have also tried to fill out the online form with a question for those with an existing set of tunes, but some of the fields in the online form can't be typed into and clicking on next says I must provide that information. Also the type of tune only lists several models of Mustangs now.

Worst case I drop $150 for a fresh set of tunes from Torrie, but if I can get them tweeked by Bama under the "Free for life" I'd rather use that $150 elsewhere..

Anyone used Bama for anything lately?

Bah never mind. More searching using the "Googles" brought me to this page. Looks like I'm covered still. Just need to give them a call in the morning. East Coast customer service hours suck when you live on the West coast lol...

If anyone searches for the same thing I just wanted to update the answer I found out regarding any tunes from Doug Stoddard.

While the lifetime tuning is still covered by American Muscle since the sale of Bamachips to them, they will not write a tune for the 4.6L in the Sport Trac. So I guess technically, lifetime free tune updates are no more. After several email exchanges back and forth they told me that they will only write tunes for Mustangs. :banghead:

So I'll be contacting Torrie in the near future since he will write Sport Trac tunes...

Latest posts