bad superlift?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christy Case

Reaction score
Not too long ago I had the 4" superlift installed at 4wheel parts. I am so not happy with it. #1 it only brought the front up 2-1/2 MAYBE inches. #2 I then asked them to level the truck, to the same angle as stock. A few weeks later, after parking next to a fellow ST realized they were the same height and the actual rear wheel base is lower. I can no longer fit a shopping cart against my tire without hitting the body :p I went to see what size tires would fit it to bring it up a little more and the sales rep came back in stating he couldn't find the lifted ST in the parking lot??!! Basically they said I couldn't go bigger without causing problems. I've seen people say you can't do a tt shackle over a superlift, but other than a body lift, anyone have any ideas?? And does anyone have measurements of their truck after a superlift with stock 16's?

I had the Superlift kit and I had 33x12.50R15 on 15x10's. And yes you can do the TT and shackle with the superlift. That is what I did. I have some pictures in my library.

it is higher then a ST with just the TT/SL it looks like your torsion bars may be on the loose side. i will take a pic of mine and you can see the the A arm difference

Are you sure they put the new rear springs on? Are you sure they didn't put on a Ranger kit and use the Ranger blocks to lower the rear? (The Superlift Ranger kit uses rear lift blocks because the Ranger is sprung-over while the Explorer/Sport Trac kit uses new rear springs because it's sprung-under. That's why it costs more.) Your front looks higher but I agree the rear doesn't.

P.S. When you get rims, use 15x8 with 3.75" backspace or 15x10 with 4.0" to 4.25" backspace.

That has got to be the worst tag i've ever seen on any vehicle. That LSU tag just makes that trac look terrible. Yuck. War Eagle!!!!!

Ill tell ya one thing, taking the roof racks off your truck will def. make it look a couple inches shorter. especially if it were sitting next to another ST it would def. make yours not look all that high. I took my roof racks off, for about a week and put them back on cause I thought it didnt make my truck look as tall... just my opinion though.

Well, took it back and boy is she beau...ti....ful. Found out the problem is on the superlift rear kit. When I specified that I wanted it level, they lowered the front 1.5" to match the rear because the superlift rear springs esentially match stock. The book states they will fit 33's but we all disagreed. When 4 Wheel Parts had the superlift rep come out and look at it, they replaced the rear springs with the stock springs for the Standard Explorer, jacked the front back up and did a courtesy install of my new 33 BFG AT's. WOW I'll have to take more pics now. So note.....If you're looking for the baja look, order straight from the catalog! If not, request the alternate spring part numbers and get the explorer's set!!!

And I know, taking off the roof rails makes it look shorter BUT, I like my baby naked. :cool:

I do want to install different roof rails, but I'm trying to find someone to do them custom. smooth, flat and just enough for a hand hold. oh yeah, not plastic! any suggestions

Latest posts