Bad Day yesterday

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad everyone is ok and that the insurance folks are being helpful. The bad thing about Florida is that the way we have storms the rain can actually make the roads worse than being on ice. A similar thing happened to me when i was younger. I took a lazy turn that I had taken many times but we had one of those brief afternoon showers and all of a sudden the with no warning the rear end just started to come around. I thought I could manage it but it just kept coming around, next thing I know I'm in a ditch slamming into a drainage culvert. It just seemed to happen and there was no way to stop it.

By the way I know where there is an 08 STA for sale...

30 mph + black ice + accelerating + an uphill grade = backend of ST that comes out and around and you are out of control in a second...from that point on, it's "Mr Toad's Wild Ride."

I know because the above happened to me with an '04. Grace of God kept her from flipping.

Exchange "black ice" above for rain-slicked ramp, and you get the same effect, I suspect.

TJR

Latest posts