Bad Combo

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be careful out there, we're having cold and $hi++y weather here too. My wife did her first 360 (unintentional) in the Trac yesterday. She said it scared her at first but remembered what I taught her what to do in those situations and stayed safely on the road and gained control fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, as bad as the snow and cold have been here in MN the past week, I'd still rather have what we've had (at least in the short term) than have freezing rain.

I remember back in '96, when the Packers had back-to-back home playoff games on their way to their Super Bowl win. The first game it was around 27 degrees, raining/sleeting, and windy. As great as it was to see the Packers win the game, it was absolutely miserable to be out in. One week later, for the NFC Championship, the temp was around 7 degrees--a full 20 degrees colder than it was the previous week. But because there was no precipitation, it felt to the fans like it was about 30 degrees warmer than it had been the prior week.

Then again--at least in NC, when you have freezing rain, it'll melt off within the week. Whereas here, if we get either snow or freezing rain, we're pretty much stuck with dealing with it until at least mid-March. So maybe I will take your weather after all... :)

Yeah with the lift and bigger, wider 33's on it now it tends to get squirrelly in bad weather. She fine though, "Just another adventure I learned from" what she said. It feels like summer and the warmer months flew on by and it was just winter yesterday WTH. I don't might the snow but I can't take the cold anymore, I used to be able to go out and work on vehicles anytime of the year or do anything outdoors in the cold but those days are few and far between unless I have to now.

Summer dragged on forever. Fall was gypped--it was summer weather the first two weeks of fall, and it's been winter for these last few weeks of fall.

The only things wrong with winter are lack of daylight and precipitation. I despise snow @ home. If I want it, I'll go to where it is. Don't call us, we'll call you.

Below Freezing feels nice when I remember the 90-110 degree days of summer with 80 to 100% humidity...aka every day this past summer. I've done more outdoors this winter and fall than this summer.

Summer blows. If it gets hotter than 80 degrees, forget it. :banghead:

KL, you got a point there with the summer heat, especially the humidity here in the east. I miss living out in the west where it was a nice dry heat (totally different if you don't know). The past two years there hasn't been a spring or fall, it just went straight to summer and winter (no nice cooler days) atleast here in Pittsburgh. Now last week when it got up to 38 degrees it felt nice outside and I finally got a chance to fix my ST. I know, I know, you can't have it both ways. It'd be nice if there was a spring and fall type temps the way they were when their supposed to be but no it's either high 80+ high humidity or what we have now 20-degrees and high winds, WTH. :bwahaha::boohoo::btddhorse::angry:

shots of bailey's and lime juice tonight...bad here too. I dare you guys to try it. one shot of one, hold it, shoot the other, and mix it. let me know how you do

This time of year it just needs to stay well below freezing. 20's all winter long would be perfect. I hate how a lot of people love the big warm ups when there is precipitation coming. I'd much rather take the 18" of snow we got last weekend (3-8" more today and I heard another storm later this week) than 1/4" of freezing rain or rain. I think its a lot safer to drive in all the snow then the ice.