Back window motor went kupput

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erv Metoxen

Reaction score
coming home from work today, tried to bring down rear window.

Wouldn`t move at all. Checked fuse on left of dashboard 'OK'

Checked fuse in engine compartment 'OK' Must be Motor. :(

Any suggestions where to get one by mail order?

Thanks in advance

Ranger Erv:blink:

We had the exact samething happen to us, except the window was down and wouldn't go back up. We were on our way to the Atlanta meet, Rusty "hooked" us up with his service department and they replaced the motor. Let me tell you it is NOT cheap! Your looking at about $300 plus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check your owners manual for the procedure to reset the computer that controls the windows stepper-motor. The window uses a computer controlled stepper-motor with 16 seperate postions and a position sensor. Occasionally the window get out of sync and will fail to go up or down. Following the reset procedure will often clear up the problem. If that fails, then you probably need to have the motor replaced. And they are pricey $$$

...Rich

for some reason i hear that it is not uncommon for that to happen to tracs, when i was test driving some used ones 5 times out of 10 i would get told that the motor had been replaced because it went out, and they all said it wasent cheap to fix...i duno what the deal with that is

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Ranger, I had the same problem you had. I looked a little while and found one for $65 shipped. Yes it was used BUT I plugged it in and wallah, I was back in business. This Kevin guy hooked me up so give him a call.

Good Luck.

Bill N.

Kevin Haberstroh [[email protected]]1-800-925-8733

Latest posts