Back up lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin Cox

Reaction score
I have a back up light out, has anyone changed one yet? If so, how does one go about it? I can see two screws in the side and have not looked real hard yet, just hoped someone can help.

Remove the two screws and gently pull swing the rear-most part of the light outward away from the side. You will feel a slight pop when it's loose. Then pull the light towards the rear of the vehicle and it will be completely loose, except for the wires. Disconnect the wire loom leading to your light bulb. Remove the light bulb harness by twisting it. I think it's about a 1/4 turn to detach it.

there are two screws, also bolts holding the taillights in place. but those bolts are hidden behind three rubber grommet that you have to pull out. you only need to unscrew those three bolts behind the rubber grommet.

Just unscrew the two bolts on the side that you see when you drop the tailgate and the taillight assembly pulls right out. I've taken mine out many times installing one backup camera after another after another. :angry:

Latest posts