Back up light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denis Bourque

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I notice both my backup lights not working the other day. Figuring it might be burnt out bulbs, I replaaced one and it didn't fix the problem. I checked fuses and they seem to be OK. Anyone have the wiring diagram for the Gen 1 kicking around in pdf format?

Thanks,

Denis

Check the harness connection in the steering wheel. Others have said it works loose when repositioning the wheel up or down.

Check the harness connection in the steering wheel. Others have said it works loose when repositioning the wheel up or down

That wouldn't affect the backup lights. I suspect a crapped out backup light switch.

i have the same problem with my trac.if you jiggle the shifter you should notice the lights working.

I will probably have to check my transmition range switch. I noticed on the wiring diagram that the back up lights go thru this switch and I've had an issue with it before where I had to reseat it because my tranny was acting up.

Thanks all!

Denis

can someone tell me where the fuse is located for the back up lights? and the running lights?

I have hooked up a trailer and the running lights on the trailer aren't working on the trailer. I checked fuse number 33 and it is good.

thanks,

ringo

Latest posts