Back on Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Smith

Reaction score
Thanks to all for the welcome back.

The problem was when I bought my first sport trac I bought the bare bones model XLS 2 wheel drive. I spent about $4000.00 doing mods and making it look nice and different and special.

I bought it like this.

[Broken External Image]:

I turned it into this. Drove it for 6,500 miles

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

I was still not happy with the truck.

Found the HHR Spring Edition Limited production to 1200. It had every option you could get.

2 Tone Leather, Heated seats, Sunroof, 260 watt Pioneer stereo system with satellite radio.

Special color Victory Red, My favorite color... 2.4 liter ecotec with VTT. Remote start, steering controls for the radio and cruise and the Diver information center.

Averaged 23 miles in town, 34 on the highway, 30 mixed.

Great fun car to drive, I really liked it and turned heads every where I went in it. Drove it 850 miles in one day. Thought I would keep it forever. Drove it for 5,600 miles

[Broken External Image]:

Still deep inside I missed the Sport Trac, you see I have all ways wanted one since I saw my first Trac in 2001. The wife said don't you ever talk to me about trading again. The next time we trade it will be blue and she would pick it out. Well she found the Dark Blue Pearl Metallic 2005 XLT Limited 4X4 that is fully loaded. Sunroof, Both front power seats, leather and heated. Cruise ,tilt, power mirrors with only 13,000 miles on it. I knew this was probably be my last time to get back into the Sport Trac that I wanted from the beginning.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

I have already ordered $1000.00 dollars of add on's

Sorry about babbling on and on but some wanted to know the why's behind the story.

Mark S

Thanks for explaining. I remember when you left, you didn't seem to happy about the ST and seemed happy to be rid of it for the HHR. That's why I asked. Nice ST by the way. Good to see you got everything you wanted. I always do the opposite, like you did the first time. I settled for a "bare bones" 4x4 ST. I'm very happy with it, don't get me wrong. I know the next one I get will have everything I want in it. (My wife always gets that ("fully loaded") stuff with her vehicles, while I get what we come across at the time) Not the next time. My ST (yes I plan on getting another ST) will have what I want in it. Not all the thrills (don't need or want them) but the ones I want will be there. Congrats and again, welcome back to the fold.;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts