B&M MegaShifter question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Phillips

Reaction score
Question: Does anyone have the measurements for the chrome plate with the gear indicator on it?

Also, besides the option of an additional gear in ratchet mode, what's the differance between the MegaShifter and the StarShifter?

Megashifter - * Universal floor mount application. Base can be trimmed to custom fit any floor.

* Cable operated for quick installation and accurate shifting.

* Reverse lockout feature meets NHRA and IHRA requirements.

* Includes neutral safety switch, backup light switch, lighted gear indicator & polished aluminum T-Handle & cable.

* Can be used with a reverse pattern valve body.

Link to instructions -

Starshifter - In the normal mode the StarShifter is a straight line detent shifter. When the lever is in Low, lift the trigger all the way and pull the stick back to convert to ratchet action. Move the stick forward for the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. Cannot be used with reverse pattern valve body.

Link to instructions -

Very little difference between the two as both can function as a detent or a ratchet style shifter. For some reason the Megashifter is listed for some later model transmissions.

Larry,

I'm just curious... After looking at pictures of your console in your library and seeing the touch screen and switches, where do you plan on mounting this shifter?:huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Take into consideration that it may block part of the screen, depending on mounting location(I'm sure you have but just in case). Try going to a local autoparts and see if they have any in stock. I've seen them around here on occasion. Talk to the guys and see if they can open the box and give you a peek. May not be identical to what you want but may work.

Another suggestion would be to buy one online, make sure you can return it, and invest the shipping as R&D. If you have to return it, it will cost a little versus getting stuck with the unit. Seems like a reasonable investment to avoid much of the guess work that is currently taking place.

Latest posts