B F Goodrich Long Trail

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Smink

Reaction score
I've seen that a lot of people recommend these tires. Consumer Reports has them at the bottom of their rating - poor to fair in *dry braking *wet braking *ice braking and *ride. They are rated very good at hydroplaning (I guess they mean not hydroplaning) and snow traction. My wife's Jeep needs new tires and my go to site for good information is this one.

Can anyone with these tires comment on the poor to fair aspects of this tire?

P.S. I'm going nuts trying to decide on a tire. Too many opinions!!:wacko:

I have them and love them. I feel they have great snow, street, mud, etc. IMOP, best bank for the buck.

BFG must not have sent CR thier check last month.

Tom

I put 40K on mine before I went bigger. They still looked new. My brother-in-law took them and put them on his '03.

They are great in rain, snow and still were a quiet tire.

BTW B.F.Goodrich is really a Michelin product. They hold the name rights "B.F. Goodrich" on tires. Goodrich has not made tires in many years.

Thanks guys! I went to BJs wholesale club last night to get the tires but they were out. Then the guy checked and realized they had just gotten them in but they didn't have a fork-lift operator to get them from the shelf. So, I have an appointment to get them put on today! Good day, too, because it is raining here so we'll have an immediate test of rain handling!