Awesome MPG

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Very proud of my baby ( 2007 XLT 4.6 V8 with a Zabtek throttle body and a K&N Million mile air filter) We started driving to Key West from Fort Myers Florida with a full tank of gas about a 5 1/2 hour drive a little over 300 miles my MPG was 14.6 when we started at 9:45 this morning after hitting a few slow downs with stop and go traffic (pain in the balls) we pulled into the parking lot of the hotel at 4:10pm with the MPG at 16.9 almost 17.0 with a half 1/2 tank of gas could have been more if we didn’t hit traffic overall very happy. Very eager to see it climb again on the drive home tomorrow hopefully no more traffic fingers crossed.

Before the blower went on I was averaging 26 if I kept it under 70. The cams and different fuel injectors really helped out(it was tuned at that times also). I had a ported tbody(Maxbore), but didn’t see a big help from it like I did with the other mods.
The truck is also lowered, so that does help a good bit as well.

A few years ago on a trip back to Ohio from Buffalo, New York in our 2007 Sport Trac XLT 4WD V8 and only addition was a Zabteck throttle body, it registered just under 25 MPG! Driving west at 70,s to 80 mph with the A/C on! Pretty amazing and I credit Todd’s modded throttle body! Not bad for a heavy V8 truck!

A few years ago on a trip back to Ohio from Buffalo, New York in our 2007 Sport Trac XLT 4WD V8 and only addition was a Zabteck throttle body, it registered just under 25 MPG! Driving west at 70,s to 80 mph with the A/C on! Pretty amazing and I credit Todd’s modded throttle body! Not bad for a heavy V8 truck!
Stock size tires?

Yes....stock tires. Most likely the originals but it's been so long I'm not sure. At any rate, I only put stock sized on it. And, I used the MPG readout from the dash but I checked it every time for the first 3 or 4 years. When I first got the ST, it didn't match the calculations I made but after a second flash of the computer it was right on the money!

Last edited:
Before the blower went on I was averaging 26 if I kept it under 70. The cams and different fuel injectors really helped out(it was tuned at that times also). I had a ported tbody(Maxbore), but didn’t see a big help from it like I did with the other mods.
The truck is also lowered, so that does help a good bit as well.
Pulled into our garage last night with the MPG at 19.5 !!! I kept the speed at 65mph most of the trip except for when we hit the keys most of the road was 35 to 55mph. The trip was very symbolic my trac is the last truck I owned that my Dad rode in and approved before he passed. we went to Key West to spread his ashes I am planning on keeping my Trac forever. your truck sounds beautiful I would love to see pictures.

Yes....stock tires. Most likely the originals but it's been so long I'm not sure. At any rate, I only put stock sized on it. And, I used the MPG readout from the dash but I checked it every time for the first 3 or 4 years. When I first got the ST, it didn't match the calculations I made but after a second flash of the computer it was right on the money!

The Zabteck throttle body really helped the highway mileage but only bumped up the around town mileage a little bit! That throttle body is one of the best things I ever bought for my ST!
Agreed I love mine

Pulled into our garage last night with the MPG at 19.5 !!! I kept the speed at 65mph most of the trip except for when we hit the keys most of the road was 35 to 55mph. The trip was very symbolic my trac is the last truck I owned that my Dad rode in and approved before he passed. we went to Key West to spread his ashes I am planning on keeping my Trac forever. your truck sounds beautiful I would love to see pictures.
That’s about what I average now. If I keep speeds around 70 and stay out of boost, I can squeeze out 19-20. Otherwise, it’s down around 13-14 on average. That whine never gets old 😬😬
Yeah, I hear ya. Having memories attached to a vehicle makes it much more special.

Here’s a couple pics 🤘🏼

Attachments

• 578E2419-986F-421C-A762-71D37542CBA0.jpeg
    578E2419-986F-421C-A762-71D37542CBA0.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 82E3D110-8252-4E5D-A5D4-D600C66E8D3E.jpeg
    82E3D110-8252-4E5D-A5D4-D600C66E8D3E.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts