Awesome Fender Flares

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Richmiller

Reaction score
Take a look at these fender flares on a Icelandic Sport Trac. I'm sure some of you may have already seen it but for those who haven't. I think the flares take the great fender lines that are already there and accentuate them, alot.

[Broken External Image]:

In the future i'd want to do something very similiar, but instead of raising my Trac I'd be dropping it ;)

Be sure to post a comment on the webpage!

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think fender flares will look right on a lowered trac. You will have to keep your wheels under the fender for lowering. Then you will have all that flare sticking out, way beyond the tire side wall.

My plan would be to line up the wheel/tire as close to the edge of the fender well. I wouldn't be slammin the Trac, just lowering it to fill out the wheel wells more.

Not sure why i would have to keep my wheels under the fender?

Not sure why i would have to keep my wheels under the fender?

If you lowered it to much with large tires, the top of the tires would hit the fenders on bounce. Depending on tire hiehgt you may be limited to about 1" lowering. Also with spacers or wheels with enough offset. Pushing the wheels out to the flares, can cause alot of strain on bearings and suspension components.

No Iam all for any mod that someone would choose.:cool: Just think it through. I have been mod'ing cars since high school and Iam 58 now. Made plenty of mistakes by not thinking through.;)

I have more important mods to complete on the ST,V8 ;) but i'll keep what you said in mind though.

Latest posts