Aux radio use

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Assuming you have an '07-up, the plug is inside the console under the armrest, along with another power port.

Assuming you have an '07-up, the plug is inside the console under the armrest, along with another power port.

Only in the later build ones. Mine was a July '06 build (Waited for the rear window to place my ST order) and it doesn't have the AUX port. Not sure when they started adding them, but I think it may have been around the time they added the door pulls into the armrest on the doors.

On the 1st gen tracs that aux was designed for if you had satellite radio. If you don't have it, there's a plug in the back of the radio that they make either a satellite radio receiver, or a little box that goes out to RCA's. From the RCA's you can have a headphone jack coming out from the bottom. That's what I did before I got my aftermarket radio. If you want a headphone jack, it's like $65 for the box, and another $10 or so for the headphone-to-RCA adapter cord.

Pretty worth it if you ask me.

Or you can buy a FM modulator and use that to play your Ipod or music from a flash drive. Got mine for $10 and works just fine. Depends how much you want an actual headphone jack.

Sondra

Latest posts