Automatic Transmission Fluid Change / Dealership?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J J 4

Reaction score
Do you have to go to a Ford Dealership for changing out the Automatic Trans. Fluid?

Nope,

You can get it change anywere you choose. Brand name is not critical, just be sure they use 100% Mercon V fluid.

...Rich

I have an 07 V6 with 62000 miles on it and I just had the fluid changed by the dealer. I have always done fluids before, like my wife's minivan which has a drain plug for the transmission fluid. But, the Gen 2 Sport Trac's don't even have dipsticks! The fluid on the Gen 2's has to be siphoned out, I believe. So, yes, most likely you have to take it to a dealer or local shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Ford dealer where I got my Trac (and everything else we own) switched to Valvoline for all their fluid changes. I took the wife's Taurus there for a tranny flush two months ago and two weeks ago took my Focus company car to a local Gulf station that I use for the same thing. Gulf station was $20 cheaper. I figure it doesn't matter if I go to the dealer any more. It's not like they have special Ford stuff that they use.

Latest posts