Audi RS4 Test

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RS4 is a great ride. The local speed shop I go there are six employees that have one and they track the car often. Adjustable Coil Over suspension, Brembos, Racing seats, full roll cages and 450+ HP. These things handle incredible and are fast.

Thanks,

SST

SST-

An <b>R</b>S4?

Not unless they imported one from Europe. Audi has never sold the RS4 (which was only sold as a wagon for the B5 body, and as a sedan for the B7, which has just come out) outside of Europe. They may've done a kinda "RS4" conversion, with the front bumper with the air extractors, higher capacity turbos and intercoolers, and maybe even headlights and wheels, but it's still no RS4.

Now, the RS<b>6</b>, with a twin turbo V8 at about 450HP was sold in limited quanities in 2003. It was a drect competitor to the M5, and in many eye's, was superior in almost every way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently, there is not an S6 sold in America, nor an S8. There were "S" trim vehicles for the A6 and A8, but not since the redesign for either model have they been sold here. But, Audi will soon be importing the S6 to our shores, and will soon make an S8 with rumours of the V10 out of the Gallardo, and, lastly, we'll be getting an S3 finally as well, a 2-door AWD version of the great A3 sold here.

On almost all Audis (except the TT), you can get an "S-line" trim package, which generally is little more then visual upgrades, sometimes wheels, mild body extensions, special belt-line trim or interior trims, but none of the performance that makes S versions so good.

Last edited by a moderator:
my understanding is the RS4 IS coming to N America this time. I had Audi's for decades. The wife and I have been Audi less for about 7 months now. Across the line price jumps have forced her to look elsewhere. Even the new to here A3 will be over $32K with a v6 and quattro.

The RS4 will cost in excess of $70K when it makes it here. That kind of money will buy a lot of fast things in this world.