atv in the back of the trac???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan betts

Reaction score
i have seen some atv's in some short bed trucks where the two front wheels are elevated in the air on like some ramp like stands. if anyone knows what im talking about... do they sell a set up like that or is it all custom?

Not sure about an ATV, but my dirt bike fits fine. :p

[Broken External Image]:

im looking at getting a honda rancher 4x4, i've seen 4x4 atv's in the back of tracs but i would like to have it to where i can shut the tail gate.

I haul my Yamaha Kodiak 400 in the bed with the tail gate down. I have about 4inches from from where the rear wheels touch to the end of the tailgate. I picked up a couple of aluminium tri-fold ramps from walmart($49 each I think), drive it up and use ratchet straps to secure it in. Worked great:D, i think i have some pics of it set-up. If i can find them I will post them.

Here is my friends Honda Rubicon in my first ST, a 2001.

[Broken External Image]:

And here is Honda Rancher in my 2007 ST.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
do you guys that haul ATV's in the back of the tracs find that it weighs the rear end down to the point of having to put airbags or heavy duty springs/shocks in the rear end?

do you guys that haul ATV's in the back of the tracs find that it weighs the rear end down to the point of having to put airbags or heavy duty springs/shocks in the rear end?

Absolutely NOT, my Honda 400EX fits fine and rear end sagging is minimal. IMO airags etc. are not needed unless you are hauling ~800lbs or more on a regular basis or towing a trailer with excessive tongue weight.

Latest posts