ATTN: ramontr/projectors

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Kent

Reaction score
Been researching retrofitting projectors in my 02 ST. Have been to the retrofitting website and am comfortable with most of the info I have found.

For ramontr or anyone who has done in on a gen 1 Trac, how hard was it to crack open the headlight? What holds the projector in place? Did you manually aim the lights aferward?

Pictures of the process? Thanks in advance.

opening the headlight was really easy, i didnt trust the oven method so i used a heat gun and just heated up the edges for a few seconds and used a putty knife(caused less damage) and pulled it apart the glue or what ever it was became plyable really fast. as far as how it was held in place in the headlight i bought a kit off ebay , it clamped on through inside to outside using nut system. i dont really have any pic of the process

8d4998e3feb790c9e125f3de08141b44.jpg

96d481ab2363aa8f9ffc0de6011ca2ea.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info and link. I have talked with Customlightz.com and a full blown retrofit was quoted at $950. That included the lights, shrouds, bezels, HID kit and wiring harness and labor at his shop.

One of the other places was right in line with that price if I needed them to supply new headlights.

For $320 I can get the kit from The Retrofit Source minus custom shrouds.

For $120 I can get the kit from ebay.

I was really looking to improve the lighting so I can see better at night. It seems the full blown retrofits are also about style an unique setups and that is not my major concern.

Unfortunatley it is too rich for my blood so I may have to order the fx35 projectors, clear lenses and 9007 kit with harness in seperate pieces to get the result without the custom look.

I did find one place that that had the lights pre-made for about $650 but I didn't book mark it.

I am really surprised this mod isn't more popular here....

I was also thinking about painting the reflector black or a platinum gray since it is not longer used with projectors.

Latest posts