Attn R - Alloy

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P M

Reaction score
Man with the insight, how close is this to the new Alloy color supposedly coming for job 2? I tried to match it to the Alloy GT-500s but it's a tough color to match since it changes so much with the light. Better yet, you have any pictures of an Alloy ST? I think I'm between Blue and possibly Alloy.

[Broken External Image]:

From Ford documentation, Alloy is known as "Carbon" on the ST. We didn't see any of that color on the tour, and I don't remember hearing anything about new colors outside of Orange Frost, but I would suppose it's the same color as any other model with a color code of G5.

On a selfish note-

I hope that's the color, because I completly guessed on the color for my updated colorgraph chart, and damned if it isn't real close to that pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
From Ford documentation, Alloy is known as "Carbon" on the ST. We didn't see any of that color on the tour, and I don't remember hearing anything about new colors outside of Orange Frost, but I would suppose it's the same color as any other model with a color code of G5.

Travis,

What was the dark grey metallic that was on the lines?

uh....I think it was the Dark Stone, which has a bit on brownish to it. Alloy is more blue based.

But really, under the factory lights, it'd be hard to tell the difference between Alloy and Dark Stone until the vehicle moved onto the final line where all the flourescent lights were.

I only asked because Steve and I were talking about the dark grey. I was pretty sure they were not Stone, since I recognize that brownish tint. The lights must have really thrown off the color.

Nevertheless, alloy is the route I will go when it's time to dump mine. :)

Just found out the Five Hundred (and GT-500) comes in Alloy. May have to see if any local dealers have an Alloy Five Hundred. Tiger, what do you have that says Carbon is coming out on the '07 ST? I had not heard that one before. Wonder what Carbon looks like? Would like to order an '07 job 2 soon, but would like to see the colors before deciding.

PRM-

Someone posted a link a few days ago to the Job 2 Ordering Guide fomr blueovalnews.com. It lists Orange Frost and Carbon as the two new colors. Alloy is probably Carbon, just with a different name. No mention of White Chocolate, even though we saw that color on the plant tour....so who knows.

Thanks. I looked for the link and couldn't find it. No worries, I've got a bit of time to sort it out.

The BON site is down rite now anyway...I've got it on my computer, but it has Job 2 for the Fusion and ST, and I don't have the program to split it, nor do I have the space to host it.

No problem, I'll try Blueovalnews later. I noticed it was down.

Checked out the new ordering guides and Alloy and Carbon are the same color code (G5).