Attn- Jeff C

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Phillips

Reaction score
Hey Jeff- I'm looking at getting new HIDs to replace mine, and I'm curious where you got yours. I'm tired of having no highbeams, and I just lost a ballast box this week, so I figured it would be easier to just replace the system with a more suitable one.

eBay,

I had originally ordered a set in October, and I guess they got lost somewhere between Hong Kong and AL. Got a full refund (right at Xmas time no less) and used that money to get something for my girlfriend instead of ordering a new set. After Xmas, all my relatives gave me money instead of gifts, so I splurged on the lights again.

I'm very happy with them, 6000k IMO is better than the 8000k I had. Much whiter light, and a little classier, and I love having the high beams. I attached a video I made showing the hi/low function. The clicking is the relay/bulb moving. It's telescopic and the bulb actually moves up or down depending on if you want hi/low. I say go for it!

Do you have a link to the auction that you won? I have a set of 35W 5000K hids and love them. I made a small boo boo and wired them to my high beams so now I dont have lights unless i turn on high beams.

I was thinking aboit getting a proper set as well

Latest posts