ATTN: Hawaii Members

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Schindler

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
Reaction score
September 30, 2006 I am geting married. We decided to go to Hawaii for our honeymoon. I really wanted to go to Bora Bora, but the price is out of my reach. So, Hawaii it ius...unless the travel agent can get us something better.

Here is where I need your help. Theresa wants to do a deep sea fishing charter while in Hawaii. Being a fan of deep sea fishing, I will not object, but actually encourage her desires to fish. I need some relativly inexpensive charters. The ones I find on the internet are over $1 grand for a Full Day fishing trip.

Anyone know of good prices for deep sea fishing and where I can inquire? Theresa wants something big to hang on the wall, so shallow fishing is out of the question. She wants either a Billfish or Shark for the wall.

...and people wonder why I want to marry her.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom, why not save half the cost and send Theresa out fishing. You can hang out with Kalama and help her wash her truck. ;)

I already tried that, I guess she has a rule that as a married couple, we need to do things as a team.

She is such a party pooper.;)

Tom

99% of the charters are going to be around $1000 for a full day......how about a half day trip?

The other half of the day I went parasailing and jetskiiing

Keep in mind that $1000.00 is for the boat. Meaning if it is a six person limit (average) the $1000.00 is divided among all six. You need to ask the charter Captain how many can fit on the boat and then tell him you want on a trip with a certain number of people. Lets say it is a six person limit, you tell the Captain you want to go out with only four people. You do this because this gives you more room and more personal attention from the Captain as opposed to if the charter is full with six people. Of course you and your wifes share of cost will be higher because the four of you must split the $1000.00. Make sense? LOL If you want this to be a private thing for just you and your wife then it is going to be very expensive. You are not considered a couple by the Captain, you are individuals and must pay $500.00 apiece. The Captain can care less and would much prefer a lower number of people on the boat. His only worry is getting the full $1000.00 for his boat, fuel and expertise. Another consideration, do not go out on a boat with out a guarantee, no fish no pay is the standard any where in the country when you are talking about a high end private charter.

Me, I have done a fishing charter before, just never in Hawaii. I know how fishing charters work.

TracNJack, Havent decided yet. I am thinking we are going to take a cruiise from LA to Hawaii, then spend a few days there after the cruise is over, then fly home.

Tom

Me, my experiences when I lived in South Florida were that the catch guarantee you mentioned are common, but far from standard. Also, when such guarantees are in place, a catch is often not guaranteed for each individual, but for the entire charter. If Caymen and his wife are only one third of a 6-person charter, and one of the other four people catch something, some boats' guarantees will have been met, even if you personally got skunked.

I prefer to not fish with outher people. First off, I am greedy. I want to catch them all, with Theresa catching them. Second of all, you never know what drunk @$$hole might end up with you on the charter. Even if he is sober, that does not mean he won't be an @$$hole.

It isn't the money. Why pay 75 cents for a can of pop when you can also buy the same can for 50 cents two machines over. Know what I mean?

Tom

Here is a charter that my boyfriend and his buddy use. Its just down the street from us. They park it in front of their restauarnt and bring in Mahimahi, Ono (wahoo) and billfish all the time. Their regular rate is $700 for a full day. They include lunch on the boat and dinner at the restaurant afterwards. Good crew that knows the spots. The restaurant runs a huge tournament once a year also. The girls are super cute that work there too which I'm sure you wouldn't mind.

I could try and see if a better price is possible if you were interested and had exact dates. Would also love to meet you and your wife if it worked out too. (sorry, I get sea sick) maybe for a drink after or something. Don't worry, I'll dress appropriately, haha. :cool:

Take Care,

Kalama

http://www.shackhawaiikai.com/fishing.html

Kalama,

TOOO FUNNY!!! The Shack in Kailua is just down the street from my friends house on Hele St. We hang there or tropics when we are in town. Maybe we will have to try the Hawaii Kai location too. We should be there the end of this month. maybe i should take my buddy Jack(#1) fishing and his friend Bula.

Aloha

Hey! I'll be in Hawaii at the end of September! Too bad we can't take our ST's and have a meet! :lol:

Best wishes on the marriage, Caymen. :cool:

Eh!!!!!!!!!! We go gangie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kalama, local boy hea....grad Damien.....on da BIG ROCK now.

Oddah places you gotta go Tommy boy:

- Best local grinds: Yummy's Korean BBQ

- Best local Sunday buffet: Sam Choy Breakfast Lunch & Crab (you gotta do it!)

- Best luau: Polynesian Cultural Center (best bang/buck)

- Best place fo' worship: New Hope Christian Fellowship - Farrington High School, services Sat. 5pm/7pm, Sun 7am/9am/11am.........tell Pastah Wayne, "Roland said sup Pastah!" (he knows me!!!)...www.enewhope.org

- Best souvenir shopping: Aloha Stadium swap meet (Wed/Sat/Sun, open early, 'til about 2 when the vendors start packin....u might see my mommy/daddy on the w/ends....)

- Best beach: Lanikai (google it!)

- Best hangout place: Aloha Tower Marketplace, Fri/Sat nites

Any other "Bests" you wanna know, e komo mai! :p

Went to Oahu in 2003. I think they kinda like SPAM there. :D

[Broken External Image]: