Attention Electrical wizards

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Spiegel

Reaction score
I installed LED bulbs in turn signals also replaced the flasher with the electronic type to avoid the fast blinking and premature bulb failure. All works well with one exception the fog lights flash when the turn signal are activated. This only happens during the day with the auto on headlight and foglight option is used.

Anybody have any ideas on what is gong on and how to fix it?

Aloha Mitch, Check everything for faulty ground. The fog lights are probably getting ground from another source.

Mitch,

I the Sport Trac's had an Auto Headlight feature (Had it on my 2003), but I am not aware of an Auto Foglight feature? Do you mean that if your Foglight switch is on, they turn on when the Auto Headlights come on? I am not sure why the turnsignals would have any connection to the Foglights or why they would share any of the same circuitry

Where the foglights factory installed? Or were they added on later. Perhaps whoever installed the foglights tapped into the turnsignal/parking light circuit for power and the electronic flasher is confusing the foglight relay?

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Ed, I will check the Grounds.

Rich, The Auto on Headlight will turn the fog lights (Factory) on as well if pull the switch out a bit. What I find interesting is the foglights flash with the turn signals only when the headllight switch is in the auto on mode and the fog lights are not on ( during the day)??

Do you know if this could be somthing at the swtch or as you state the elctronic relay is confusing the fog light relay??

Mitch, I honestly don't know. I don't see why there would be any wiring in the foglights that would/should be effected by the turnsignals? The only common thing that might be related is the Lighting Control Module. I think most of the lights go through the LCM and since it contains electronic logic circuitry, it might be getting confused by the electronic flasher?

...Rich