Att: Rodger (& Georgia) -sort of wrong advice :(

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Donaldson

Reaction score
Dear Rodger,

It seems I confused your post with one made earlier that day when I wrote the response to your thread: "Manual Transmission question for Todd Z & Don D" with "manual tranny swap" tread in which Graham Ritter asked about doing a swap... I thought you where him asking more info about doing a swap. I see now you where asking about what replacement parts where recommended for the existing manual transmission in the sport trac.

As for answering you question... I would also make the suggestion of using oem ford parts. Also why you are at it you could add a transmission drain plug which make fluid draining/change less of a chore.

[Broken External Image]:

:smile0005:

Sorry about that confusing post however the trac dose use a M50D-R1HD transmission so the general idea still applies.

-Don D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don, the manual tranny has no pan to install the plug in, since it has no filter, plus it's already got a plug in it for draining the fluid anyway. If I remember correctly, there's two plugs on the passenger side of the tranny, one near the bottom for draining the fluid and one up top for refilling it. You'll most likely need a pump adapter for your bottle to get it in the upper hole, since there's not enough room to tilt the bottle up.

Latest posts