ASP CRANK REMOVAL -- HELP -- Todd Z?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Corn

Reaction score
I just bought this ASP undercrank pulley set --- Thanks Jimmy B

I cannot for the life of me get the dang pulley off

I am looking at todd z's asp crank installation as well as George C's water pulley / idler pulley installation.

Like Todd Z I also cannot get my impact wrench in between the pulley and radiator. I have installed both screws that came with the pulley and am attempting to hold the clutch fan removal tool while turning the 19mm socket (Counter clockwise right?)

It turns pretty easy but per the instructions I am trying to do this without it turning too much for fear of breaking the crankshaft.

THe only difference in my scenario vs Todd Z's is my screwholes in the pully are vertically aligned, Todd's were horizontal

Well I have a 4 hole harmonic balancer on it with the bolts supplied with the asp undercrnak pulley. because the were so long I put 2 sockets between each of them for more torque. I have my fan clutch tool wedged between the harmonic balancer and the pulley on the alternator. Its seems stuck now and I am trying to keep it from spinning but it keeps spinning. Thats why I stuck the fan clutch removal tool in the alternator pulley

Success! I think? I turned the crank a bit more than I think I should have. Also the torque wrench I had was from 1972 and I dont think it was working quite right. So either too much or too little torque on the nut.

I took it out for a spin with all the pulleys and to my amazement the belt that came with the set didnt fit??? I had to use my stock pulley belt?

Anyway I stomped on the gas and nothing broke, so far so good.

Latest posts