arrrrggggg. got into an accident tonight

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Kaufman

Reaction score
Some stupid girl tried to pass me on the right when I was making a right turn with my directional on. dented up the front end, and broke my tire rod. I will find out the damage costs tommorow or thursday and will let everyone know. The important thing is I am fine.

How can people be so dumb to do that. I not only have my regular blinker, but I have MUTH directional side mirrors.

Sorry to hear that and glad that you're OK. I have the MUTH mirrors, I just hope that mine work better for me.

Ya just can't fix stupid. My new motto for today's drivers.

Glad to hear you're alright. Some people really make you wonder what the f**k is going through thier head. Did she have a growth coming out of her head shaped like a cell phone? If not I probably would have put one there in the shape of my fist.:lol:;)

Dewd, That sucks.. Glad your OK...

You could have a construction arrow on the side of the truck, she would have hit it even harder than....

Sad but true..

Todd Z

Man, that sucks. The same EXACT thing, minus the accident, happened to me yesterday. I was just lucky that the person passing me on the right just barely missed me. What's with people lately?

Happened to me a couple of years ago while visiting my parents in florida. I was making a left hand turn into their driveway and the woman behind me decided to pass me on the LEFT Side from behind. I was in almost in their driveway when she hit the rental. Guess what happended next? When the sherrif showed up, I was issued a ticket for not being aware of traffic conditions around me. As I was from out of town, I paid the ticket and let it be. As someone said, there is no cure for stuped but I think Darwin will take care of those from the shallow end of the gene pool.

It was a two way residential street. She was going fast I was going slower. She was impatient, and tried to get around me when I slowed down. I couldnt believe she hit me I checked her distance just before I made the turn and she was way back. When we connected I was nose in the driveway. The sherrif looked at my DL, noticed I was from Minnesota, looked at her -a resident of Orlando- and gave me the ticket. He pretty much told me, I was from out of state, and he wasnt going to give the local gal the ticket. Just to clarify, I was hit in the driver front door and fender halfway into the driveway, while making a left hand turn, from a woman who was following me. OH well, no one was hurt, National gave me a bad time as well as the credit card company I rented the thing from. Master card took over 6 months to get things right. My insurance company got involved as well. What a mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Mike, if it happened as you said (and I have no reason to believe it didn't), then you and your insurance company got screwed. I'm surprised the cop didn't write you up with failure to signal, or reckless driving, or something, but "unaware of traffic conditions" is crap...clearly if you signaled, slowed down, and gave the person plenty of time to see you were turning, then it was her fault, as mostly evidenced by the fact that she hit you across the other lane and when off the road....

We should be able to call for a "second opinion", on the spot, when given a ticket like this.

i was on my way to work in the beginning of december and some lady tried to pass me on the shoulder while i was making a right turn. i plowed her. at the time i was driving a rented 2005 ford f-150 as my sport trac was getting a tranny put in. her car was pretty banged up but believe it or not when i got home from work i was able to scrub her paint right off of the truck. there was no visible damage what so ever. i never notified enterprise and when we walked the car when i returned they said no problem and i left. anyway, about 3 weeks later i got a ticket in the mail for careless driving. i'm going may 4 to fight the ticket. why should i have to pay for someone else being a dumbass?

The sherrif looked at my DL, noticed I was from Minnesota, looked at her -a resident of Orlando- and gave me the ticket. He pretty much told me, I was from out of state, and he wasnt going to give the local gal the ticket.

Any people wonder why I dislike law enforcement.

Tom

Tom, I agree with you. Our local police spend all their efforts writing speeding and parking tickets. We have had more murders in the last 18 months than in the previous 10 years together.

Some of the cops are good and try to do the right thing, but we are convinced the city administrator has the chief on a quota system for revenue generation. The police chief has no cajones either. Many of the cops have "short man syndrome".

I did not see if she was on her cell phone, but I think she was because, she plain out told the cop that she didn't see my signals, and that she tried to pass me on the right in the shoulder. THat police report better come back in my favor, i don't even know if she got a ticket or not.

Caymen says:
Any people wonder why I dislike law enforcement.

To dislike all law enforcement because of the actions of a few is stereotyping, and stereotyping is the little brother of bigotry.

Broaden your mind Tom, there are two sides to ever story, then there is the truth...and no, I am NOT saying Mike M is lying, I'm just saying we have only heard one side of this.

Latest posts