Are you sure about the smart car ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smart Car, Focus, Beetle, Kia, you name it -- in that situation, depending on speed, you would be screwed. I would not want to be in that spot even with an ST if that rear truck were doing over 30mph.

depending on the speed of the truck in the rear, how would a ST fare?

And that looks like a lot of metal for being a smart. And look at the hood of the truck... I have the feeling the brand of car wouldn't matter at all....

Last edited by a moderator:
depending on the speed of the truck in the rear, how would a ST fare?

I think the real question is depending on the weight of the truck in the rear, how would the sport trac fare? IMO, not good at all if it weighs over 15K lbs....and traveling over 15MPH.

Im not surprised since its just a roll cage on the Smart cars. I witnessed a similar collision between a gravel hauler and flat bed tow truck carrying a vehicle, with a older Ranger and it looked nothing similar. The frame didn't crumple yet bet into a U. This was on the expressway and the driver lived.

You would be surprised how frames and crumple zones preform at high speed collisions and sandwiched between 2 trucks.

<I>Lil Red said, "I think the real question is depending on the weight of the truck in the rear, how would the sport trac fare?"</I>

I have no desire to find out!:eek:

Latest posts