Are you happy?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I absolutely LOVE both of my jobs! My full time job is managing an auto auction and travelling around the country doing disaster relief (ie Katrina) for that company. My part time job is producing concert festivals (CityStages, Jubilee, Bayfest, Crawfish Boil etc. etc) in Alabama. I have met some amazing people in both jobs.

I would be glad to do either full time and I look forward to my work each day. That is why I don't have a problem working long hours.

Be HAPPY in your work and the rewards will flow!!! Barring unusual circumstances (illness, bills, etc) no amount of money is worth the misery.

I like both my jobs but am getting tired of working 2 jobs so I'm retiring from one real soon. For the first time in 26 years I will only have one job and only work 40 hours a week instead of 70-80. Family life? My family has hardly seen me in the last 26 years. It's going to be a bigger adjustment for my wife then it is for me.

Tom, you have no idea....

You are in for a shock my friend. I have been deployed many times. In some cases for just over a year. When you come home it is like dating all over again. You feel like you need to do what you did before you left. Simple things like take the garbage out and what not. Your spouse and family are so use to doing it that they think nothing of it, just do it. You feel you should do it and it is done before you could get to it. And so on and so on...

You will get to a happy medium, it just takes time. Remember they are use to "their space". You may need to give it to them until you are all use to everyone being around....

Congrats on retiring, enjoy!!!!

TomT - I am like you, I have never had "one" job. College worked full time as a rollback driver and fork op, sound and lights for a regional club band, played and rehearsed my own band while taking a full load at UAB. Shortly after graduation, I replaced school with my own sound and light production company. That was the most fun I have ever had and I NEVER slept. I still love to work and spend a tremendous amount of time doing just that. I am also single :) Funny thing, I am about to be not single and I met her on my second job.

Do any family members or friends envy you because of what you have without realizing that you got it by busting a hump and working two jobs? Actual quotes about me; "He always had it made....." "He's always been lucky... "I wish could catch a break like him... "That guy has a golden horseshoe stuck up his...

I own the company but I'm not always happy. It's okay though. There are good days and bad days in any job. When bad outnumber the good then it's time to move on.

My uncle is a news cameraman for a Pittsburgh TV station and loves his job more than any human being should. Wherever there is action, that's where he is. Someplace new every day.

I get up each and every day excited about the prospect of going to work. I love every minute of it, the good and the horrible. The saddest day of my life will be when they force me to retire because I will never (edit) go willingly. Yes, I am very happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I completely agree with that Gerry. I do not like the idea that I can only do the job I love for only 8 more years. I'll have to start a second career in my 50s. :(

The reason why I work multiple jobs is so my wife can be a stay at home mom and raise our kids right (and she's done an outstanding job). Congrats on your upcoming marriage Coastiejoe. I've survived 30 years with my wife. Probably because she rarely sees me. :D

I hate my job. I am so angry all the time at work. The problem is the money, the pay

is amazing, it allows my wife to stay at home with the kids, I only need about 30%

of what I make to live. So my solution is I am looking for a job that pays alot

less where I can smile while I am a work.

A word of advice to the young people on this board. Find something you love because

you are going to do it for a long time. Money is not everything. Also if you have the chance

start your own business.

Latest posts