Aprox gun value???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Palmer

Reaction score
A friend of mine wants to sell a hand gun. He is curious of the approximate value.

Anyone have a clue???

Colt Trooper Mark III

Four inch barrel.

It is blued metal.

That is all I know of it. I asked about the year and he really has no clue.

Thanks...

Here is a blog on one that I found on Google. This is for a 22 mag. You didn't say what caliber, and I don't know Colts that much. More of a Ruger and S&W man myself.;)

According to my newest Blue-Book:

TROOPER MK III - .22 LR, .22 Mag, .357 Mag., or .38 Spl. cal., 4, 6, or 8 in. solid rib barrel, adj. sights, walnut target grips, redesigned lock work to reduce amount of hand fitting needed on earlier predecessors. Mfg. 1969-83.

Blue Finish - 100% $450 - 98% $325 - 95% $225 - 90% $180 - 80% $170 - 70% $160 - 60% $150

I usually see them for between $300 and $500, in very good to excellent condition. Longer barrels and less common calibers tend to drive the prices higher. A 4" 357 or 38 will be on the lower end of price range.

Teasip:

Sounds like that is the percentage of the finish (bluing) left on the weapon. 100 % would indicate a like new weapon with a higher value. 60 % would indicate the gun has had a lot of use(wear & tear) with a lower value.

Gary G
:cool:

I must be dense this morning. Could you explain the percentages?

Refers to condition vs. New, that is blueing (or parkerizing), condition of stock/grips, condition of barrel, etc.

100% would be nearly unfired - Crown is perfect, blue is perfect, no scratches, no dings in the wood stock/grips

98% would show some wear, especially holster wear on a wheelgun

60% or less would show significant bluing loss, light surface rust, barrel wear and/or damaged crown, etc.

It'll go down from there.

Of my (10) firearms, I have:

(3) in 98% (Arsenal Refinished M44, Arsenal Refurbished 7.62 Nagant, Arsenal Refurbished M91/30)

(3) in 90% (20 GA shotgun, M1 Garand, M59/66 SKS)

(3) in 80% (M38 Turk Mauser, Romanian AK-47, K31 Swiss)

(1) in 70% (Hi-Point .40S&W)

Latest posts