Anyone using Market Trend Signal software?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Palmer

Reaction score
Heard an add for it and logged into www.UpDownStock.com.

Looks to be interesting.

It is basically what I have learned to do via some classes I have taken. But in this case, they do the homework for you.

Just curious....

Thanks...

Kevin, Are you sure about that URL. It doesn't appear to be a real web site. Take me to godaddy.com and talk about registering domain names.....

Well,, thought that was the URL I had put it.

It automatically redirects to https://www.markettrendsignal.com/secure/secure518BT.php?a=VI-MEDIA50-B&p=VIG

I get go daddy as well when I try it. I could be wrong with the words, will look in my history file..

I also got redirected to markettrendsignal.com, which is a site that gives me the impression of a "fly by night" offering.

It reminds me of those books and systems that claim they will make you rich selling real-estate, or starting your own online business, or selling stuff on eBay, etc.

Don't get me wrong, there are secrets to making money in those areas. More often than not they all just require hard work, and understanding of the space, and some luck as it relates to timing, etc.

Why am I skeptical of such books, systems and software?

It's simple. If you were a real estate, stock market, investing, or eBay guru and you had research, a system and tools that could allow you to make millions in that space, would you share it with others? For $39? For $99? Or, instead, if it worked so well, wouldn't you just be heads down making money and keeping your system, etc., close to the vest?

Now, there will be those that say: Maybe these people that make such products realize they can make MORE money by selling their ideas/systems. Okay, I'll buy that. But if that is the case, then maybe the system simply isn't that good...can't generate that much money for the user.

Those that can't, teach.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
TJR,

I agree about all these "Get Rich Books, or courses"...The people selling them are making way more on selling the books than the ever did in Realestate, the Stock Market, or on eBay....That's why they are so willing to sell their worthless secrets.

I think they arrested one of those guys a few years ago who had infomercials on TV showing him with a Rolls Royce, Farrari, Big house, etc and it turns out, that was not his house and the cars were rented for the commercial...and he was bankrupt and charged with tax fraud.

...Rich

I will also agree that MANY of these things are nearly a scam and they do often get their money by the selling of the "idea" more so than the results of the idea.

In this case, the software "seems" to do nothing more than follow the trends for you.

I took some classes and they taught us how to follow the highs and lows and the why and why nots kind things. How to tie these movements to industries that are doing well and then select stock from within those industries.

It looks like this software does the first part (trends within industries) and then leaves you with the responsibility to investigate the companies within the industry. You can then input their specific stock and see their specific trend.

I am not so naive to think this is a cure all fix all kind of thing. But if it does the trends accurately (with all the little arrows and things like that), it would be a very useful tool for me...

I will look into it a bit more, but it does have my curiosity....

I don't need software for following highs and lows in the stock market. I am very adept at that. I always seem to buy when its high and sell when its low. :)

Bought Cisco after a split and in hindsight was right after it peaked, sold at a loss. Bought AOL just prior to AOL Time Warner merger, sold years later at a loss. I suck at the stock market.

TJR

IMO, Those that sell this get rich secrets and Ideas. If it was really worth it. If they really have the bigbucks from it. In the that dod eat dog world. They are corporate greedy and never release their secrets to anyone that may come into competition with them.

For them that sell books and info dvd's. That is there bread and butter...:rofl:

Latest posts