Anyone run 235 85 16 tires?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becker69 CO

Reaction score
I wanted to know if anyone was running 235 85 16 tires? I have looked at this size before and I know some Range Rover and Discovery guys that run these for wheeling, and wanted to see if anyone had put them on.

I have a TT and shackles so I'm not worried about the height increase as a concern... they are only slightly taller than 265 75's and about .9" more narrow. Not to mention they are a fair amount lighter than many 265 75's. The ones I'm looking at, I can save an extra $65 over the cost of the 265 75's, so I'm giving them a look again. Any info and/or pictures would be appreciated.

I'm running 265/75/16 bridgestone dueler apt III . Tires work great for on and off road not to mention towing with the stability. As far as the 235/85/16 tire size that you are thinking about running, the only trucks that I've seen that size ran on is f-250/ f-350 trucks and box trucks. What type of tire are you looking at anyway. Usually that size tire is used for bigger trucks for highway tires.

Well; I was looking at Pro Comp AT's.... I've had such great performance from mine in 32x11.50 that now I am going back to 16's I wanted to run them. As I noted; Discovery's (that wheel anyways) may often run this size (the 235 85's) because they are challenged in the width they can run without serious trimming.

Latest posts