Anyone near Buffalo NY that check out a STA for me?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffksf B

Reaction score
So there is a STA for sale at a Hamburg NY dealership that has me intrigued. Anyone up there willing to take a look at it for me?

You may want to try checking CarFax 1st before to see if it's got any blemishes prior to consideration. I know it's not the best or most accurate but it's a start.

Also, the carguru's website shows it priced slightly above market (see below). Fortunately it's at Dealership and they can be talked down pretty low.

Are you sure your want a 2007 since that year could be iffy with issues?

It looks clean and like new! A little wear on the driver's seat, but not out of the ordinary. YOU BETTER BUY IT FAST!!!

I LOVE the black interior!!! Best thing Ford did for the Sport Trac!!!

:banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooops! Googled ST by mistake in Hamburg and the 2007 came up at that Hamburg Ford Dealership. My bad that 'STA' didn't register with me.

Too bad because I had a 3 day continuing ed seminar in Rochester back in early December. Would've taken a joy ride after class to check it out to give me something to do.

It's showing a listing of 54 days on cargurus.com. You should be able to get them down to 20K if they're motivated. For a used car sales dealer, they seem to have good reviews on the net which is a plus but be careful.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Link shows a '08 STA. I dont think there was a '07 STA.

I would forget about carfax. They are useless. I would deffinitly get my butt over there to see it in person. It seems like a good one on the link. Find an independent inspector to go over it. I would.:supercool:

Yeah this is looking good, I found a place online that does car inspections. I think $129 is money well spent.

They said they would ship it for free. They also sent me pics of the undercarriage and it looks fine. I'm still nervous about buying sight unseen.

The only real problems I have with it is that it has the smaller hitch receiver opening (don't know why Ford even made the ST available with it:banghead:) That can be fixed with a adapter or a welder. And no heated seats, I can fix that with a aftermarket kit, I installed one in my current ST.

@jeffksf

Be careful with trusting that online inspection service. I surfed through their website and am really leary about the caliber of inspection you're going to receive. A monkey can check if the heat turns on. They seem be checking the obvious and there's no mention of a certified mechanic doing these inspections. For all you you know it could be some unemployed flunky that's signed up with them to become an independent inspector just because they had experience as a valet parking attendant and know a lot about driving cars. :driving:

I'm a Veteran Home Inspector here in NY and 95% of the licensed home inspectors are so underqualified to inspect a home it's not funny. Most have never been in construction. Many a Home Buyer gets hoodwinked by these so-called inspectors. Why don't you call the Ford Dealer to see what they would charge you for a good comprehensive inspection. I would trust one of their ASE Certified Techs to look it over with a greater degree of knowledge. Ask the Service Manager if you could chat with the Tech for 15 minutes after he completes his inspection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good points Top, I will try and contact a ford dealer tomorrow.

If that doesn't work I think the Inspectmyride.com is better then having no PPI at all.

Jeff,

From my credit union expeiriance. If you belong to one. I and others @ my credit union have had good luck with Auto tech inspectors the CU used. They also told me they have connections to reliable techs around the nation.

The tech's my CU uses actualy take the vehicle off the lot. They put it up on a rack, run PH and other tests on the fluids. I was happy with their service. Only cost me $85. That was a few years ago, though.

I feel like one reason to trust the service my credit union uses, is. They dont want to finance junk..

The last time I wasnt' financing, but as member I got their pricing. Just a thought.....

Holy crapola jeffksf! :haveabeer:

I'm glad you're getting the Dealer to go through it. You stand a better chance of knowing what's going on that way. It's most important to get it up on a lift. What's the Dealer wanting for an inspection?

If you did a deposit did you talk price as well? C'mon share the dope with us!!!

The service director mentioned just paying the labor rate so maybe $60/hr? if he spends a whole hr on it.

I have not talked price waiting for inspection to take place. I plan on calling the dealership Tues. morning to go over what I want inspected and to see if the tech that did it can call me.

I'm honestly ok with that price, compared to all the other STAs out there if its as clean as the pics show I'm good with that price.

That sounds like a good plan. All except the price part!

They have the $21,955.00 set specifically with negotiation in mind. Don't go into this purchase bent over backwards with your pants down. They expect everyone to negotiate.

This is a Used Car Sales place that buys these vehicles at Auction clearinghouses for wholesale. They easily have a $2,000.00 markup on it if not more. Check out the link below after you finish reading my post to see a comparable STA price for this one right in Ohio at just less than $20,000.00. That Dealership is making still making a profit at that price which can probably be negotiated downward.

Start your deal at $20,000 and make sure to tell them that you're checking out this black one also right now. Just plant the seed that you might pay just a little bit more for their lower mileage red one, although it's not your favorite color, BUT if the price is right, it'll tip the scale as far as color goes. Play them and if they play hard back, tell them that 21K is the highest you'll go. Keep driving it home that the color Red is gettin' to you the more it sinks in. This will show them your willing to walk away from it.

Don't let your built-up emotions you already have get the best of you and most important don't let them know it. If they don't agree right away tell them they've got a couple days before you yank the deposit with them. Let them sleep on it and be patient for a few days. They've got your number and they'll call when they don't hear from you.

Always remember, YOU are the guy with the money THEY need. They will fold because anything above wholesale cost and the few $$$'s they spent detailing the truck is profit. They are not attached to this STA and their success is based on quick turnover. The odds are also in your favor because car sales transactions for places like this - in freakin' blistery cold-ass Buffalo - are far and few between. I bet they're eager to make a few dollars on this STA to help carry them through until Spring when everyone crawls back out of their holes. Winter in Buffalo is the most opportune time of the year to negotiate a great deal. The deck is stacked here in your favor!

Don't disappoint us because we're all counting on you cutting a great deal on this puppy so you can come back here to tell us about.

Sorry, it's a pain in the ass that multiple links can't be posted in a single reply.

Here's another price comparison for a STA with nice low mileage for almost the same price as they want for the Red one. The examples help to show you they're of the mark with their advertised price!

Hey jeffskf, Just because I was bored and out of curiosity, I came across this interesting Dealer listing in Mississaga, Canada. South of Toronto and not that much farther from Buffalo.

The U.S. Dollar is strong right now so if the Canadian Dealer listed price of this 2010 STA in Mississaga is $24,988.00 then that converts to $20,115.00 in US Dollars. That's one hell of a deal for a 2 year newer vehicle. I hear alot of people shop for used vehicles in Canada for the savings when US Dollar is strong.

The mileage converts to from 95,314 Kilometers to 59,225 Miles

The odometer can be changed to miles since it's electronic. The cluster face reads KPH but it also shows MPH in smaller numbers. You could always look to find a new cluster panel or gauge faceplates or just freakin' live with it at that price.

Latest posts