anyone lowered more than 3" in rear??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony brizag

Reaction score
I just put my rear leafs back on and some 3" blocks in there and god it sits so high!! im used to ridin a few inches lower when i had the bags on it. So has anyone ran like some 4" blocks and somethin else?? I was thinkin of making a lowering shackle? anyone ever considered that?

With stock or direct replacment shocks I beleive 4" is thier travel, so in theory you would be bottoming out your shocks. Of course that is easily fixed with diffrent shocks. There might be other problems that I have forgotten. Hope someone else can fill you in with more information!

ever thought of changing out the leafs, to say ranger splash leafs. I know 93-97 splash leafs sat lower by an inch than the standard ranger did. then could always put 4" blocks in. but i wouldn't recommend going any higher on the blocks, won't be too safe. by making a lowered shackle the most you'll get it is prolly no more than an inch, and prolly wouldn't be worth the time, money and looks when your done. i don't know how much drop you would get out of this idea, but could always de-arch the leaf or run mono leafs in the rear. when i had my samurai it had 4 leafs on both sides of the truck. i took out 2 leafs and it dropped 3 inches. in the front it also had leafs but was only 3, i dropped 2 there as well to run mono and it came down 3 inches in the front. wasn't too safe, but soon as i put nitro-drop shocks, everything worked out.

Using blocks to lower the rear of our trucks doesn't affect the shock length... the shock mounts to the leaf spring plate, which is moved down by the block, keeping the same distance between upper and lower mounting points.

Latest posts