Anyone know where to find a good extended warranty

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da mann

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a company that sells an extended warranty for a 2004 Sport Trac with 47,000 miles. I am looking at purchasing one from a non-Ford dealer. I inquired with the local Ford dealer and was told that because of the miles it is not eligible for the Ford Extended Service plan (not sure if this is true).

There is no such thing! Seriously though, 9 times out of ten they are not worth the money. Most of the extended warranty companies will do almost anything to get out of paying for repairs. I work at a motor home dealership and I seriously cringe when we sell an extended warranty. Just my two cents.

Brett

When I bought my '01 with 48,000 miles on it, I was told that any Ford with under 50,000 miles was eligible for the extended warranty. I bought one from the dealer, and it paid for a rebuilt trans after 8,000 more miles. ($50 deductable)

I agree with Dunerunner, save your money they are usually not worth it.

But to answer your question, the reason that your vehicle did not qualify for the Ford Extended Service Plan is because it is past it's original factory warranty. Ford will ONLY sell you a Ford Extended Warranty up untill the day that your original factory warranty expires. Don't feel bad, you haven't missed out on anything......... I strongly suggest that you keep your money in your pocket and save it for the minor nickel and dime repairs that usually come with vehicles over 80K miles.

What Lil Red said. The ONLY extended warranty worth buying is those from the manufacturer. Other warranty companies are often fly-by-night outfits and if you have a claim you find out they're out of business. The major part most likely to break is the transmission and an extended warranty usually is about the same price as a tranny rebuild anyway. So take what you'd pay for an extended warranty and put it in a savings account, get some interest, and when the tranny goes out between 100-120k miles, you've got the money in hand.

Long story made short, I bought an $860 5 year extended warranty, factory, on my jetski and the engine grenaded exactly two months after the warranty expired. :angry:

I know our local dealership will extend the warranty to any vehicle under 50k...

There is a good company out there and I'm trying to remember the name. I've had several friends buy them and gotten their moneys worth from them. The guy I bought my ST from offers them at his cost.

I am likely going to purchase one myself. Our best local mechanic honors the warranty and says many mechanics do as they pay fast and consistently...

Latest posts