Anyone know of a product complaint site or blog?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
I have been trying to resolve a faulty product issue. I have come to the end of the road. The Utah BBB was trying to help. The distrbutor of the product in question wont budge, for a refund. I started my case with this company 10 days into the 30 day warranty.

They refused. So I contacted the BBB in Utah. As Of now it has become unresolved.

The packaging says 30day warranty. I exchanged the product 1 time. 4 days after the original purchase, at the store of purchase. With the company rep, giving the store permission. The store themselves had a no exchange/refund policy.

So when I contacted the company 10 days later. That the exchange was also faulty. They tell me dont mind that the package. Doesnt say no refunds. Their web site warranty form says exchange only in the first 30 days.

I say, HUH. Who in their right mind with 2 failures in 10 days. Would want a 3rd one. Plus IMO if there is no refund warranty. The package the product comes in should state that. Not find out latter from the web site.

It is a buyer beware issue. Im out $45. The last straw is. Im going to complain all over the net, about their product and practice.

For those that want to know. It is an E-cigarette from "green smart living". The battery doesnt stay charged as it should. The cartriges do not have the life span represented.

I have already bought a starter package from "BLU E-cigarettes. Several weeks now the product is performing good. Good battery charge and service life of the cartriges.

Their warranty is 30 day refund/ 1yr exchange.

Each catrige lasts about one pack. That comes to $2.10 per cartrige vs over $5 per pack.

Nicotine is the addiction. I wont say this is healthy, just healthier and cheaper. No tars, resins or real smoke or smell. I smoke more than a pack a day. One cartrige lasts me all day.

Please dont say I should just quit. I will answer that now, "your right". I tried many programs, meds, gum, patch, lozenges. I have been unsucessful. This is an effort to get off the real smoke.

If there are any other smokers here that would like to try the BLU e-cigarette. Let me know. I can send you a referal card for $10 off.

In the mean time I want to bust the chops of the green smart living company. For their unfair marketing practice. Of not having full warranty disclosure, on retail packaging.

The BBB is filing this as unresolvable.

Eddie - have you taken a look at the Federal Trade Commission, Bureau of Consumer Protection? Not sure if it's applicable for your situation, but they a complaint filing process...

Last edited by a moderator:
Try the site below. You could also call the Tom Martino radio show based out of Denver (he takes call from other areas, too).

His schedule: On air: 9AM-Noon MT 303.713.8255

http://www.khow.com/pages/TroubleshooterTomMartino.html

You could also try the small claims court in your jurisdiction. No lawyers are usually allowed and they are likely to be much more sympathetic to you there. No guarantees, but is generally free to file. If you get a judgement there, now you have some firepower at other places such as BBB, FTC, etc. You may also want to try your local TV stations. Most of them have a consumer segment for local viewers. Good luck.

Eddie,

That's why I always use my AmEx card to make purchases that claim to have a warranty. AmEx has always been good about making companies honor their warranty, or they will reverse the charge. Sometimes they even give you an extended warranty up to 2 or 3 times the manufacturer's warranty on certain products.

Here is a list of websites that take consumer complaints:

File a Complaint - Were you Wronged?

www.consumercomplaintagency.org

File an Official Complaint. Report Consumer Complaint | ScamBook.com

www.scambook.com

Find Fast Facts, References and More on Ask.com. Get Answers Now!Search Results

FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection - Consumer Information

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov

Feb 25, 2010 The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints. Your Privacy: How ... If they do, you can file a complaint at this Website.

Ripoff Report | Scams, reviews, complaints, lawsuits and frauds. File ...

www.ripoffreport.com

Ripoff Report is a worldwide consumer reporting Web site and publication, by consumers, for consumers, to file and document complaints about companies or ...

Search - All Scams, Complaints, Reviews, And ... - Consumer Resources - Cp directGet more results from the past 24 hours

Consumer Complaints, Reports, Scams and Service Reviews

www.pissedconsumer.com

The best consumer product reviews and complaints site. Write Review and share opinions about products and customer service.

Latest Complaints - Company Reviews - Submit Complaint - AutoTheSqueakyWheel.com - we get refunds! Post your consumer ...

www.thesqueakywheel.com

An unhappy consumer simply fills out a complaint form, clicks OK, and the complaint ... nationally and internationally - TheSqueakyWheel.com is the site for you!

FCC Consumer Complaints

www.fcc.gov/cgb/complaints.html

Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau. FCC CGB File a ComplaintFCC Site Map ... Complaint TypeComplaint CategoryFiling Method. To help us deal ...

Complaints.com - Consumers in Control

www.complaints.com

Complaints.com - post and research consumer complaints - gain leverage to solve your complaints - read actual consumer experiences.

[PDF] CONSUMER COMPLAINT WEBSITES: AN ASSESSMENT

www.consumerfed.org/pdfs/Complaint_Website_Report2010.pdf

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View

consumer complaint websites, they can also easily place an account of their ... Do these complaint websites offer real value to consumers and to third parties, ...

Complaints Board - Consumer Complaints, Reviews, Information

www.complaintsboard.com

...Rich

Nick, Rich,

This is one of those times I paid cash. I usually use my card for all purshases. Pay it off every month. I gain 2% and 4% cash reward.

Thisis one of those times I should have used it.

Thanks guys, I will look into these options. $45 wont break me. There is principal involved IMO.

I've used ripoff report before to check on things I'm interested in. Good site.

Latest posts