Anyone involved in the tornadoes? (Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama and Mississippi Peeps)?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh Langel

Reaction score
Since I work in news, I have been following this story all morning....

I hope everyone is okay and no one has family living in those areas (Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama and Mississippi) hardest hit by the tornadoes... sad to see so many die from something that they couldn't really prepare for.:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Geeze, I don't watch news much...sorry to hear of the news.

Josh, what gig are in now? Working for TV or newspaper? :)

From what the news is saying, they were plentyful...

46 deaths supposedly confirmed at this time.

I guess it could have been worse as three school dorms were reduced to rubble yet no one in the dorms was killed..

A lot of damage about an hour away from me, but I will be in Memphis later this afternoon. Hit pretty hard. Lots of overturned vehicles on the highway that will hopefully be cleared by then.

I live 15 miles from the Hickory Ridge Mall, where a tornado hit the Sears. I've only seen a few pictures of it so far but it looks like it took out a good chunk of the store. No one I know was injured, thankfully. A large portion of Memphis is up on a bluff that helps divert the worst of the weather around it... that mall is on the southeastern edge of Memphis. My neighborhood looked clear on my way to work this morning... no damage.

I live in the central northeastern part of Mississippi and we had 3 warnings last night. But that's all, the funnels never hit the ground

GM:

I am an editor for the Washington Post Company at their CBS Affiliated TV Station in Orlando...

It's fun, but long hours :D

My mom is located in Fairfield bay, Arkansas in Van Buren County

very close to Clinton Arkansas.

she was OK as of 5pm our time yesterday when we notified her of the tornado watch from California

Have not talked to tonight yet.. looks like her area made it tough

I am visiting Millington TN (right above Memphis) on business and we had a lot of excitement around here last night. Tornado sirens went off for about 3 hours. There were several that touched down just east of the base, but everyone here was safe.

My prayers are with all those that lost family and property...

My best friend's girlfriend goes to school at Union University in Jackson. Haven't gotten a chance to talk to her yet, but she is okay.

Did everyone hear about that baby they found in the field?

still alive after it's home was destroyed WOW!!

Someone or something was watching out for the little thing.