Anyone in the Airforce

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually they have a special place for speeders:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Talk to your recruiter as soon as possible about it. It shouldn't be a problem, but if you don't tell them and they find out about on their own, it could be taken in a negative way. If reckless driving or DUI was involved, it definitely could be a problem. Some crimes require a waiver to even enter the USAF. I don't think this will apply in your case, but definitely tell the recruiter and he/she will know the current policies.

Yah, It's just afterwards that you can do pretty much what you want to. I had a brother in the airforce and remember some of the stories he told me. For that matter, it doesn't matter what branch you are in.

I'm the the Air Force- 21yr MSgt. The ticket will be no problem, long as you tell the recruiter. It could be seen negative if you got the ticket and it doesn't show on your enlistment paperwork. They might try to think you were hiding something if it's not reported. Don't sweat it.... Oh and, Welcome to the Air Force!

I don't think something as minor as this will be a problem. The Services are so desperate for recruits they have signed known gang members.:wacko:

I used to be a Recruiter for the Army. Traffic violations (other than DUI) are never a problem as long as you pay the ticket.

Good Luck

Ed

I can remember when I was getting investigated for a security clearance. The investigator sees a few tickets and asks...."why'd you get those speeding tickets?". Dumbfounded, I replied, "becuase I was going fast".

Gavin, one is a crime and the other is only a sin. However, Article 32 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) covers most sins, and makes them illegal for military members. Homosexuality, adultery, sodomy, etc. are all covered and all illegal. Fraternization is also covered.

These things are made crimes to enforce discipline and order in the military. The UCMJ extends US Federal law to cover military members worldwide, so in addition to local laws in foreign countries we also fall under US law. As you can imagine, almost everyone at one time or another bends or breaks these rules. Whether you are prosecuted depends on the situation and whether it impacts the military in a negative way.

Latest posts