Anyone have pictures of modified guages/controls?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott H

Reaction score
You know, with different colors and brighter lights. Thanks a bunch. I want to make my ST look nice at night.

Take a look at this previous post. Big D is the most recent to do this as far as I know. He changed his gauge bulbs to blue and molded in more gauges to his pillar.

Got these on Ebay. The flames dance to music.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

This is my Pioneer headunit and the custom indicator panel I built into the little tray. Also, there are LEDs in the vents that give them a cool blue glow.

[Broken External Image]:

I've also got a blue backlit switch panel and 7in touchscreen in the center console, but no night pictures.

Larry, are those the Nu-Image flame guages? And do those hook up to the radio right out of the package? or did you mod them to do so? And whats the little ribbon cable deal hanging from the right bottom corner that lights up?

Nope, they're not Nu-Image. I think they're Xplosive Sights. They don't hook to the radio. Instead they come with a small microphone attached to the inverter box that I put into the drivers side airvent. It's got a filter to accept mostly bass, so it beats with my sub. As for the ribbon cable, that was to change the sensitivity of the flames, and to dim the gauges if I remember. I broke the cable trying to relocate it to the ashtray, so I just tossed it. It really isn't needed. I like the sensitivity where it is.

Very nice! I like them alot! I been looking at the nu-image ones I hadn't seen these. Do you mind me asking what you ended up paying to get them to your door??

damn those things are awesome! That auction shows 95 to 97 explorer but look the same as ours, will that perticular set fit and work in the sport trac? The also have a set for 98-00 explorers.

One more question, do you still have usability off all the utility lights? (Check Engine, OD, Theft, Brights, etc)?

I am very seriously thinking about ordering these! If I do I want to make sure I get the right ones! Nice find!

Those will work. I use of all my lights. They aren't all exactly lined up, but I can see them. I think the only one that isn't right might be the check fuel cap light, but I can still see it. Also, the gauge overlays have one or two extra idiot light windows that the Trac doesn't have. But it's no big deal. They should work. I'm actually considering getting a set like Jeff's sometime.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did some changes to mine too

[Broken External Image]:

These do not dance to the music

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

And more pretty colors. This is under the backseat but glows onto the floor board.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts