Anyone have any computers for sale?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Schwartz

Reaction score
Looking for a fairly reasonably priced laptop or desktop anyone have one for sale? Thought I'd just give it a shot before I tried ebay....

-Greg

well greg i have an IBM aptiva desktop i bought a while back in 98 i believe, i had put windows XP on it too. i'm not sure what your looking for though, if it sounds good to you make an offer and chances are it'll be yours lol:cool:

Greg,

You might want to specify what specifications you are looking for. I have a bunch of old PCs that are 100MHz to 433MHz. Not too much memory in most of them either.

Also, you may want to specify how much you are looking to spend. If you want a great computer at a great price, check out Dell.com every few days until a Big Sale comes up. Dell is always putting up sales for a few days and you can get a new PC for around $200-$500 depending on the options you want.

One thing to keep in mind when buying a used PC, is that computers aren't made to last forever. Just like a car, over time parts stop working and you need to get it "tuned up". If you aren't very computer savy then I would recommend buying a new computer from a company with some sort of free support or at least warranty.

That's my 2 cents.

haha true.. im just looking for something fairly decent looking to spend around $300 max... by the way there arent any fry's electronics around here...

Just looking for someting around 500 mhz and up atleast....

you can get a new comtpuer for $339 from best buy. They usually have an E-machines tower on sale for like $300 or so after rebates. Usually it has only 256 meg of ram, but for the price it's not bad.

I'd avoid fry's They are quite a trip, bait and switch, alot of their stuff seems used???

tried three times to pickup some of their advertised stuff while in Atlanta.

they never had any in stock. Tiger Direct has alot of stuff . if you play the rebate game it's some GREAT deals...never had one offer go sour...

all-in-all eMachines have alot to offer for the low price Most people I know use Dell Products

at work and home. Dell's products are nicely matched and seem compatible...they just have way too many offers to keep up with.. and they are mid to high price

Check the Dell outlet for refurbs..... there is a link on their page. Know kinda what you want, do the search query and then grab 4 or 5 and put them in your cart. This will allow you to look more indepth without someone buying out from under you. It'll give you about 20 minutes to hold them in your cart, so be ready with debit or credit card. I did this and got my desktop complete for about 249.00 shipped, but it did not include a monitor (didn't want one).

Another thing is to try the local computer shops, they may have something used, but I caution against the used ones as others have said, they do wear out.

Greg,

I have a sony vaio laptop for sale it is p4 1.6ghz 512 meg ram, 30 gig hd, DVD-CDRW combo drive, 15 inch screen. I am looking for 500.00 plus shipping, if interested let me know.

Greg,

I have a 2 year old Dell Dimension 2300...1.8 Ghz P4 processor...512mb RAM, 40GB hard drive, Cd/cd-rw drive, 15 inch monitor, very fast all together. Also has 2 speaker/subwoofer Harman Kardon Sound system... id be willing to part with it for 350-400 plus shipping... email me or post here if your interested....

Andy

Latest posts