Anyone ever put a snow plow on their ST?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Cogar

Reaction score
Has anyone put a snow plow on their ST? If so, What kind? Did it work well? Details Please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two days ago. Same? (I'm in Hawaii, wouldn't know) :grin:

check out my library for more pics, it is a Snow Bear plow.

I have had it for 3 seasons and no complaints so far.

I just use it for residential use, I do a few neighbors driveways and my parents and in-laws. [Broken External Image]:

Looks Awesome enough to keep it on year round! I have been thinking about getting one. Maybe plowing some local roads and driveways. Thanks for the pic. That is the same one i was looking at online. Now that I know it works well, I might purchase one for my ST. It seems to be the best option.

Ford does not recommend mounting plows on late-model Explorers and Rangers. The front end isn't that strong. That being said, if you get a smaller one like Todd T's and just do a driveway or two it probably won't hurt it. If you're thinking of doing a lot of plowing to make money, then it won't hold up. Around here F-250 plow trucks are bent like a U after two or three seasons.

Ford does not recommend mounting plows on late-model Explorers and Rangers. The front end isn't that strong. That being said, if you get a smaller one like Todd T's and just do a driveway or two it probably won't hurt it. If you're thinking of doing a lot of plowing to make money, then it won't hold up. Around here F-250 plow trucks are bent like a U after two or three seasons.

I have used a SnowSport 180 for a short time on the front of my ST (with an installed front receiver) and also tried the same plow on the back. I took the photos out of my Library of that setup, though I would not recommend a SnowSport plow blade if you are going to give one a try.

Latest posts