Anyone else use the TSP web site? Is it down or just me?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Palmer

Reaction score
Like it says,,,

www.TSP.gov seems to be down. With the stock market crashing a bit I wanted to shuffle my money around a bit.

Just curious as to if others (Federal or Military) can access it.

Thanks,,,

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't access it myself since I got my money out of the stockmarket a few years ago. But I can only imagine that yesterday, they may have gotten overloaded with everyone wanting to shuffle their money around like you wanted to do. :cry:

...Rich

That is EXACTLY why I wanted to get into it,, LOL

I got in around midnight. Moved everything to the F and G fund until I see where this is going..

On a positive note, I sold all of my Sirius stock about a month ago when the market had that stumble. Bought it all back today once I saw a few articles and saw the Federal interest rate was not going to change. I made 7 cents a share today alone...

Letting it go for a ride...

I am trying to get back into the TSP site now and it is down.

I imagine it is being slammed....

Thanks Rich..

I lost 10 grand in 3 days..

Both the F and G fund made money at the same time, so moved all my percentages there as well as my money.

Once the market starts heading back up I will transfer it back to the various funds based on both their worths and if they are independently are moving up or down..

Haven't had anything in the TPS system for about 10 years. As I remember it, I thought it took about 20 to 30 days before any transactions actually take place.

Take place same business day IF,,, you do it in the AM. If after 3PM (I think), then will happen following morning now.

My agency matches my investments, so worth me keeping money there..

Yea, they have changed a few things. I was under CSRS so I did not have to contribute. I did and was limited to 5% and got no matching money. You had to phone in to make a change.

The new system was set up to help bail out Social Security in the 80's. TSP was established to make up the difference from SS and CSRS retirement funds. The problem was that CSRS employees cost the agency about 8% in personal services and FERS cost the agency about 18% to 20% in personal services. It caused havoc with agency budgets and most cut employees to pay the extra.

It's a good system if you put a least the max they will match and move the funds to a safe fund when you are about 5 to 7 years out. A employee can drive themselves crazy trying to micro manage the funds and figure out when they can retire. I have friends whose retirement dates jump 3 to 5 years depending on the market. Mandatory retirement at 57 comes to quick for some of them.

Latest posts