Anyone been to Maine on vacation lately

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CountyMounty

Reaction score
I have been seeing just a ton of ST's with out of state plates over the past month or so. I have carded at least a half dozen that I have come upon parked but seen far more. So far apparently no one that has checked in here. There has been too many different states to remember but several from New York, a couple from New Jersey, two from PA, several from MA, and many others. Two weekends ago I drove to MA to pick up a new ATV and on the ride back the interstate traffic was at a crawl through northern MA and NH and I saw many ST's heading north, presumably for a weekend in NH or ME. I waved to any that I passed or that passed me but no big response back. Just wondering if anyone has been to my neck of the woods. During the off season there are only 3 or 4 ST's in the area but lately there have been quite a few.

Also just FYI anyone in New England looking for a used ST I saw a dealer in southern Maine, Lee's, had 4 used ones on their lot in Windham.

firedog,

brought the ST to York last summer. was hoping to go there again this year, but storyland in NH is our trip this weekend for our summer vacation. I wont be taking the ST but the minivan.

Keep carding...only the best come aboard

Lisa and I were planning on going up around bar harbour this year and do some camping, but I got stuck with this ministry of education huge conference. I have been on the road now for two week in northern Ontario, and I am more then ready to get home. I would have been more then happy to relax in Maine then working in Northern Ontario.

Don

DanG have fun at storyland, that whole area is really nice, except it can be a PIA driving around on a busy summer weekend. I used to go to that area all the time as a kid, Storyland, Santa's Village, Fantasy Land, Six Gun City etc. Nice mix of commericalized attractions and natural attractions there.

Many ST's on Maine roads now. But there are a lot in the dealer lots too. :wub: Someday I'll run into mine on the road.:(

MB did you get rid of your ST is that what you are saying. As I said the dealer in Windham had four on the lot, that is quite near you. If your still in the Naples area you might have seen my ST around there a couple weekends ago. I stayed with a friend at the Warden Camp on the Songo River and we went into Naples several times and spent all of saturday out in the boat on Sebago and the Songo. Our weekend was cut short though when he was forced out on his day off to go to that double fatal boating accident.

Scott G let me give you an early welcome to Maine. May is a good time to move up here as you will have plenty of time to get settled before winter but you will want to make sure you bring plenty of bug spray.

SST I can see what your saying however I personally prefer a mountains or wilderness type vacation over a tropical one. I know I'm probably in the minority but I just seem to enjoy them more. My best vacations have definately been the ones in a cabin in the mountains somewhere. Of course I have never been to Hawaii and certainly would like at least one trip there sometime.

There are some pretty good deals on flights from about anywhere into Portland, Maine now that Jet Blue and AirTrans both fly there all the airlines have lowered their fares. From Portland you can enjoy the southern or mid coast or drive an hour inland into the western Maine or New Hampshire White Mountains.

I go to Maine all the time, mostly because I live in NH and my in-laws have a camp up there. I've don't pay much attention to the board anymore, but I'm driving a white ST with NH Veterans plates.

firedog- Yeah, no more ST. :( You were in my neck of the woods...geezz! That boating accident was horriable.

Yeah MB that boating accident was bad and quite a weird situation there for a while in trying to figure out what happened and where the people were or if there were any victims or not. I talked to my friend a couple times that day and he said it was a very frustrating investigation.

I couldn't believe the boats on Sebago and the Songo River. It was the first time I had been there and it really didn't feel like I was in Maine as I didn't realize how big of a deal boating was there, all the Marina's and the boats lined up everywhere there was a beach.

Latest posts