Anybody ride sleds on here??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing beats an old school hardwood six-foot toboggan.

7d8fab224032ce6b028879c78220f602.jpg

I grew up in Northern Ohio, and used to love riding sleds of all kinds. I am not a big fan of toboggans simply because they cannot be steered effectively and you can't get 6 people to lean the right way to avoid a head on with a tree, especially if they have been drinking....I know, I have been there.:grin:

I remember one evening sled riding down a very steep, icy slope that was scary fast. Probably too fast to be going down at night, even if we were sober...but we were just teenagers and invulnerable to injury and ignorant of the fact that it was just down-right dangerous and stupid.

When I think back to all the things I did when I was a teenager, and how dangerous they were, I wonder how I made it to 66 years old...:grin: I can only assume someone was looking out for me.

...Rich

I haven't snowmobiled since the days of breaking your arm pull-starting a machine and stinking of two-stroke exhaust after riding.

Here's my last machines.

575b0dcab3bc327a711c788ba6c9a3c7.jpg

[Broken External Image]:

I was wondering how many people were going to reply to this with comments about toboggans and other non-motorized sleds. And I was also going to be curious if they knew you were talking about snowmobiles and were replying tongue-in-cheek, or if they actually thought you were asking about toboggans. :grin:

Haha well I call them sleds all the time so I thought ppl who know what I'm talking about would reply....in that sense I ride a Yamaha but also have a Polaris and a ski doo...usually can't ride around southern Wisconsin bc snow is crappy but get up in the UP and it's heaven...and why don't u like the smell of two strokes??? That adds to the experience when u go around normal ppl :rofl:

way back when it snowed i had a sno jet single lung 19 horse and a polaris 292 colt w/ a 440 polaris eng,that was a hand full

Latest posts