Anybody Ever Run Nitrogen In Your Tires?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gavin--

80% of the way there, which is a "B" in school

Where are you going to school that 80% is a "B"? Any class that I was ever in that doesn't grade on some sort of a curve, 80% is a low "C". Typically, from what I remember when I was in school, A = 93-100%, B = 86-92%, C = 79-85%, D = 70-78%, and F = 0-69%.

I (and a lot of my classmates) would have been very happy if 80% was a B!!

:D

Bill V....

Old school grading system:

A= 90 to 100

B = 80 to 89

C = 70 to 79

D = 60 to 79

F = 0 to 59

Very common once upon a time, and still used in many schools today.

TJR

TJR - My sperience is your system was/is? a northern system (believe it's a Teacher's Union thing). Bill's system, much more stringent, is typically used in the South, where there is no Teacher's Union.

About the nitrogen and the ride. Gas, including air, is compressible. Fluid is incompressible. Thus the "hydraulic" advantage over pneumatics for creating great force. I would consider Grape Jelly to be a fluid, and therefore wheels completely filled with it would be just about as hard as concrete, and foam, depending on the density of such, would be somewhere in between.:cool:

Ken--I was raised in Wisconsin, now live in Minnesota, and the system I described is the only system I've seen in use in either area. In all the areas I've seen it, the teachers were unionized--so that's not the deciding factor.

SST,

I make no claims as to where such a system is (was) used.

I was just stating that from my experience (and from my memory when this very topic came up earlier on this site) it is an old-school system, not as widely used today.

My old-school experience does in fact come from Northeast, circa 70s and early 80s.

I don't think it has to do with a Teachers Union thing, but maybe.

Frankly, all other systems not only seem "foreign" to me (of course they would), but they seem "artificial" and even moreso "illogical".

There is some kind of simplicity, logic, and beauty in the system I describe, where each letter grade has a decile, and everything 59 or below is failing.

Like I said, it's what I am used to, so it seems right, logical, and simple. If I grew up with something else I would probably feel differently.

TJR

In Texas an 80 is an A+. Anyone that scores an 80 is automaticaly given their degree and can then run for president. ;)

Latest posts