Anybody else experience this too?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les C

Reaction score
W/my new 2010 [ Gen 2] STA w/climate control a/c on our 1st trip on the road [2,600 miles] we starting experiencing the a/c cutting out/quits blowing mostly during acceleration but sometimes when just cruising along down the hwy. It quits blowing strong enough & long enough to quickly begin to get stuffy in the cabin area. It was down right aggravating on Spring Break in FL.

The only other vehicle w/climate control we've ever had is my wife's current '04 Maxima SL it's a/c doesn't go away during acceleration or just going along down the hwy.

I read everything I could finds in the books that came w/the vehicle, but found no explanation as to if this is normal.

Anybody else experience this too?

Thanks,

Les C

The air completely stops coming through the vents probably only momentarily but seems like an eternity, whether on Max a/c or climate control setting.

When the air stops coming through the vents does it come out of the defrost? It should. What is happening is that vacuum is going low and not holding the vent doors in their proper position, when this happens the system defaults to defrost. Chances are that you have a vacuum leak somewhere in the HVAC system.

If the issue cannot be found, you can add a vacuum ball in line and it will help to hold good vacuum to the system.

Basically, it draws a vacuum within this ball, if the vacuum flow fails or slows, the reserve vacuum within the ball will continue to feed the item. In this case, the item are the Climate Controls...

Here is one...

[Broken External Image]:

There already is a vacuum reservoir...if I am not mistaken it's right above the passengers feet attacehd to the bottom the the hvac housing

I have an air noise [hissing sound] sometimes down in the passenger floor board area already w/out it having to do anything w/the a/c, it has since day one...we just didn't notice the lack of a/c during acceleartion until our 1st hwy trip.

I agree tha there s one already there. But it Feds the entire vehicle. My suggestion is to place one in line with the climate controls.

The vacuum reservoir in question is for the climate control only...why do you think that its mounted to the bottom of the hvac unit inside the cab on the passenger side...matter of fact I'm almost positive that it's the only one on the vehicle.

les c,4/20/2011 20:39 MT

I have an air noise [hissing sound] sometimes down in the passenger floor board area already w/out it having to do anything w/the a/c, it has since day one...we just didn't notice the lack of a/c during acceleartion until our 1st hwy trip.

Sounds like that's the source of your vacuum leak..find it and fix it and you should be all set.

My reservoir is located under the air filter and is about the size of a softball. The previous owners had bypassed the thing and I had the same issue with my AC and I also live in FL.

Well, finally got it into local dealer Fri., they replaced AC pressure valve, we'll test it over Memorial Day weekend trip.

Ac pressure valve??? Are they referring to one of the service ports where the ac hoses plug into? If so that ain't gonna fix your problem

Latest posts