Any torrent download and media player pros??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denis Bourque

Reaction score
In the last few years I've pretty well been watching any TV off my PC using torrent downloading. I have run into a small problem in the last few months. Every time I download any torrent that is in HD (typicaly 1G for a 1 hr show) I get a slow Choppy video (video will pause every second or so). I have managed to still watch these shows by increasing fram rate on my media player. Problem is it's still not perfect and it's a pain to adjust every time I start a show. Has anyone ever seen this or have ideas as to how to adjust it?

I typically use Media Player Classic, but it seems to do the same thing with Windows Media Player. I have tried a couple of codecs, the closest so far seems to be K-Lite 5.5.1. I am sure I used to be able to watch even the High Def torents on my PC before, it might have happened after my format. I know I had K-Lite for a codec package before, but I am not sure what revision I was using.

Thanks,

Denis

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm no expert, but the first thing I would check is your bios settings for video ram. You can adjust how much of the ram is shared with video. You may need a faster video card also. My son runs Flight Simulator and it's a huge video hog.

Try VLC, I have played everything with it.. and it seems to work the best out of everything I have tried in the past.

Hope it helps..

Latest posts