Any storage ideas yet??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christy Case

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone had come up with a storage idea for under the seats yet? Other than the little bins from wally world. I was thinking of building some kind of box that would roll out from underneath. Or raising the seats a couple inches. Or if anyone has found a decent tool box for the back that doesn't take up too much room. I would really like to have that spare gas can for when my fluctuating gas gauge makes me nervous as !#!#:(

I'd like to know also. The problem with the seats is that they lower when you put the seatback down. I was just looking at mine the other day wondering what could be done for storage also. I usually carry straps and tiedowns with me and just shoving them under the seat just doesn't look "professional". I would imagine one could build his own custom box that could slide underneath, but if you put the seatback down often, it would be in the way. Any ideas anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a cargo net mounted against the back wall, behind the rear seats. I usually keep my rear seats folded down and I use the cargo net to hold groceries so they don'r roll around in the back. I can flip the seat up or down and the net does not interfer with the seat operation, and with the seat up, you would never know the net was there.

I also have a three pocket hammock style net in the cargo bed just inside the tailgate.

When I travel with the seat down, I frequently store things like cameras etc under the flip up doors the cover the gap when the seat of folded down. I know that one of members has mounted a fire extinguisher to the floor under the flip up doors./

...Rich

Latest posts